Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Where do you get your tracks from?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've been searching the internet to try and find where's the best place to buy/download mp3s. I am a mobile dj for weddings,birthdays,etc so would need to get the top ten every other week or so. Where do you get yours? Which extension should I go for (I am aware of the bitrate quality) wma or mp3? Tesco online looks good. Anyone know any different. I live in the UK by the way. Cheers. Craig.

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 10:27 pm
Allofmp3.com 192-mp3 Just click on the English link in the upper left hand corner.

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 10:34 pm

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 11:11 pm
I buy all my music from Amazon.com on CD and rip them myself. That is the best way to get quality tracks that you can trust.

Posté Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 11:28 pm
Isn't that a bit expensive though?

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 1:02 am
I've bought maybe 3 or 4 tracks online and most of these places charge $0.99 a song or something like that. By the time you get the whole CD, it's the same cost as buying the CD anyways. Plus, my CD collection is never going to crash. I've seen plenty of hard drives go up in smoke though. Not to mention, I buy my CDs used 99% of the time anyway. Most of them I pay less than $5.00 for too. But still, you can't replace the security of knowing that your CD collection is safe and you always have backup.

Only problem with relying on CDs is I try to get a lot of stuff that is out of print. That's a pain to track down those tunes sometimes and download is the only way to go. I'm also pretty selective with the CDs too, I have less than 1,000 CDs, as I don't just go out and buy anything.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 1:30 am
Anewsome, cheers! You make sense.

Posté Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 10:03 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
subscribe to services such as promo only, or funkymix, or ultimix, hot tracks, street tracks... etc,
then 2-3 times a month when the new CD's arrive, rip them.

Posté Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 3:15 am
Buy at Napster

Posté Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 7:08 am
If you buy a cd then rip tracks onto HD and then play them at a gig, are you legal?
Am I right in thinking that if you own the CD at home and you're playing an mp3 track of that CD then it's OK!?!

Posté Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 1:51 pm
A couple of really good dance sites:

clickgroove.com (my fav)

beatport.com

karmadownloads.com

traxsource.com

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 9:10 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have back up a lot of mp3 's on to dvd's nothing like 80gigs on about 16 disc's. and you can play back in programs straight from the disc.

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 9:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)