Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Laptops

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

SlomPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

Just a couple things here, I really want to get a laptop, pretty much just for VDJ but I don't really know what to get, I don't want to spend more than I need to, any suggetions?

Also would I need to purchase VDJ again?

Cheers!
Slom

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:09 pm
I just got a new laptop. I went for the most high performing laptop I could get at a reasonable proces. The model I settled on was an entry level Dell laptop with a 3.06Ghz Pentium 4, 1GB Ram and 100GB HD. Judging by other users in the forum, I probably could have gotten away with a slower processor but what the heck. Songs load pretty fast on this thing and I can certainly verify that VDJ never consumes more than about 20% CPU utilization.

My other laptop was 2.0Ghz and VDJ ran fine on this, even with 512MB ram. My other other laptop is a 1.3Ghz Celeron. VDJ does not run fine on this, from other posts I've read, you can probably get away with a 1.6Ghz or something along those lines. Equally important though is to make sure you have 1GB of ram. Do not skip this step. It is the most important thing of all.

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:56 pm
SlomPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thats really good, I'd pretty much decided on a dell just coz you can customise them so much on their site and really see what your paying for! Had a feeling I might need a lot of ram!

Thanks a lot, you've helped me make my mind up!

Slom

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 12:15 am
Slom,

Also, you would NOT need to purchase VDJ again. Just let support know and they will give you another link to download the latest version again which you are allowed to install on your laptop as well.

Killabee44

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 4:39 am
Never thought of the idea with a customized hardware profile with only the drivers loaded nescessary to work, since you probably only need VDJ running? I use 2 profiles, 1 of them is the standard un-touched profile and the other is tweaked for only using VDJ.
I'm having a AMD XP2600 with 512 RAM.

http://www.blackviper.com/
is a good site of how to tweak your system for faster, safer and better performance.

p.s RAM is always important. The more the better but over 1GB of RAM today is probably overkill. d.s

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 8:20 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
this is cool antileon...
i made a second boot...works cool...very cool...

thnx for the advice

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 9:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)