Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Transfer of license

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I was wondering, I am going to be moving over to Final Scrath soon, and was wondering how I would go about transfering my licensed copy of Virtual DJ into my friends name as he is going to be buying my Herculs console from me, any ideas?

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 9:32 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please read the EULA of VDJ that is provided with the install.

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 1:33 pm
O.K. I have read the EULA, and there is nothing pertaining to what I want to do. I want to give the software and license over to my friend as I will no longer have a need for it (I am buying FINAL SCRATCH 2) I will have no need for Virtual DJ on my system anymore, and rather than wasting the money I spent on it would rather have my friend use it with the Herculs DJ Console I am now giving to him! All the EULA says is,

"According to the EULA (End User License Agreement) accepted by every user upon installation of Virtual DJ:
You may not make or distribute copies of Virtual DJ, or electronically transfer Virtual DJ from one computer to another or over a network.
You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce Virtual DJ to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify the Software or create derivative works based upon Virtual DJ.
You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense Virtual DJ. You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense hardware on which Virtaul DJ was previously installed, without the written agreement of Atomix Productions."

Now the only point I find interesting there is that now that I have installed Virtual DJ on my laptop I have to ask for permission if I ever want to sell my laptop!

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 3:00 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VJ_Echo: Everything looks standard but I noticed the wording in the last sentence of the aggreement also, my question like yours is "What rights does Atomix have to my HARDWARE if I remove VDJ from it?"

However, to answer your dillema: You are TRANSFERING the product to another person. That's the catch - giving is a transfer.

But I still don't agree with the last sentence of the agreement. Try getting that one to stand in a court.

But may I ask "Why FinalScratch?"

cstoll

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 3:03 pm
You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense Virtual DJ. You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense hardware on which Virtaul DJ was previously installed, without the written agreement of Atomix Productions

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 3:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"What rights does Atomix have to my HARDWARE if I remove VDJ from it?"

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 3:53 pm
Geez, now I'm stuck with software I will never use and I thought Microsoft was bad! Makes me look fwd to the move to Final Scratch 2 at least that I can sell or give away if I ever needed to (not that I would want to though!)

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 4:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Only write to e-service in the case of selling a laptop without Virtual DJ on it. Don't worry

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 4:11 pm
You'll be back.

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 6:59 pm
Crying like a baby!!!!

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 8:46 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You didn't rent the software, you bought it. If you choose not to use it anymore, that's up to you. But you don't get to sell it. It was sold to you, for you. You had access to a trial version to insure it was what you wanted before you made your purchase. If you want to sell your computer, that's fine, simply uninstall VirtualDJ. It's a simple process and takes only a few minutes.

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 10:08 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
... and don't forget your serial in case of you change your mind ...

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 11:14 am
thats ridiculous. If he contacts the software company and gets it in WRITING they should allow him to transfer the license over. but they would have to remove him from the board so only the new guy could download the updates and the new guys info is stored in the database

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 2:31 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kind of stupid.....
when i buy a car...and i wanna bump it the first day trough a wall....that's my problem.
this guy paid for this software, and i think there must be a way for him to sel it to somebody.
like what WirelessDJ said...

but when i don't wanna use vdj anymore, i wouldn't sell it..
you never know what your toughts are over one year.

Posté Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 7:55 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)