Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet VDJ Timecode vinyls with D-vinyl 2020 controller

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I received my timecode vinyls today and I'm very happy with it. After some tests I have the following question:

- Could an option be added in the "Config"->"Remote Control"->"D-vinyl2020" settings? I would like to use the D-Vinyl controller with the VDJ timecode vinyls instead of the Soungraph vinyls. A checkbox with "VDJ Vinyls" or a radio button with "VDJ Vinyls" and "Soundgraph vinyls" would be very nice.

Currently if you use the VDJ timecode vinyls your song is playing backwards. Setting up the vinyl control ("config"->"remote control 2"->"Time coded vinyl") was not successfull using the soundgraph sound cards / driver.

Having this option I could use the controls and sound cards of my D-vinyl controller. Otherwise I should get a Maya sound card, probably conflicting with the soundgraph controller.

If someone else got it working (maybe I was stupid again), have questions or improvements please reply

Ewout

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 6:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm afraid this is not possible with D-vinyl hardware. When i asked them (D-vinyl) about the soundcard inside the controller they (was kind enough) answered :
"It only supports the 2 Line IN/4Line OUT. The Phono input
is not routed to the soundcard, but it connected the data line of the USB,
our S/W received these data from the PHONO IN and uses it as an index of the
rotational speed and direction"

This means that D-vinyl probably use mono inputs for the d-vinyl timecode, thats why you have backward playback when using the Virtual dj vinyls.
So you need the maya for 4in/4outs.

But i dont own D-vinyl and maybe i'm wrong. Wait for an "official" answer..

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 9:08 pm
Apopsis,
thanks for your reply.
Attaching the turntable to the line input of the controller doesn't work.
VDJ is also taking the signal from the controller, when you switch te controller to "digital vinyl" mode. Maybe it would be possible for the VDJ software to make the choice between the Soundgraph vinyls and the VDJ vinyls.
I prefer not to have an additional soundcard (Maya). Both USB cards could probably conflict and I have yet another box to carry around.
Ewout

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 3:17 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes, i understand, but reading the email from D-vinyl again it only say to me that this controller has a 2in/4out soundcard (like the maya EX, or hercules console) and not 4in/4out. If this is true i can't see how to work with the stereo virtual dj timecode.
My guess is that D-vinyl timecode is a mono signal, (also the phono preamps) and this explain why needle drop is not supported. Try to load d-vinyl timecode in a wave editor and compare the left-right channels.
Again my thought.
And i dont know if you have any conflict using a maya, let me ask if by enabling d-vinyl at the remote page is also enabling the sound card ? not in sound cards setup ?

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 6:03 pm
Apopsis,
Switching on the controller finctions is complete seperate than the setup of the sound card. For example you could use the controller (buttons only) in combination with another sound card (build in sound card of your laptop). I'm affraid of conflict usb sound cards, while I had some problems with the Hercules DJ controller driver in combination with the D-vinyl controller.
Maybe someone of the dev team could reply?
Ewout

Posté Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 2:03 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)