Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Checkpoint the database feature

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I know this has been discussed before but I thought I might rehash it again. I'm hoping that the next version of vdj has a feature that allows you to checkpoint the database without exiting and restarting the program. Problem is this: You work on setting cuepoints, bpms and analysing files for an hour and then vdj crashes. When you open it back up, all the stuff that you were working on is lost. All the cuepoints, gone. All the bpm and CBG work, gone.

I've gotten used to closing and re-opening the program before it has a chance to crash so my work is saved, which is good. Sometimes I forget to exit and re-open and then vdj crashes and I lose all my work, which is bad. If there were some kind of "save database" feature I think I would use that instead of exit and re-open (which is a pain really).

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 12:56 am
there are different forums for different reasons

we post the technical problems in technical support

if we think there is bug we put it bugs report

if we think that we need another feature we write it in the new feautures

if we just want to speak generally we write it in general discussion

follow that simple rule in this way you are helping us not to search all the forum to find all reports and suggestions.

thanx

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 1:32 am
dimitris_tsanak, those are some nice rules. and i understand why there are different forums. experience has told me that if you want user feedback from the community, post in general discussion. which is really all that i am looking for. i've posted in those other forums when i think the post deserves it. i've also learned that most

on second thought,... forget it. i think i'll take a break from the forums for a while. sounds like you all could use a break from me for a while. happy dj'ing :-)

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 1:40 am
SlomPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dimitris_tsanak,

anewsome's one of the most helpful people on these forums!

It would be really bad if we lost his input and feed back!

In "general discussion" I agree with him about the database!

Slom

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 2:14 am
There is one thing i'm sure: The dev team don't read the general forum but always the bug and new features forum.

That's why those forum exist, and that's why we prefer you write in those forum. It's the best place to talk about the problem you have and the new feature you wish. It's a non sense to talk about one thing in all forums and we don't need a Tower of Babel here.

Thanks for your comprehension and have a good mix :)

Coyote

Posté Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 2:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)