Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet prelisten to !!-->Master

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This has been asked for lots of times by many different users. So please put it in. If you don´t have decent monitoring your headphones are your only way to check what your mix sounds like. And NO, "Headphone Mix" does not the same. It only let´s you listen to both decks, but you still can´t hear what your are doing e.g. with your crossfader.

You can just clone the headphonemix, and make it mix the deck selected for headphone-output with the master channel. Should not be that much different to realize than the already given mixup of both decks. Or am I wrong? If so, than at least give as a switch/shortcut which let´s us switch the headphone assignment from prelistening to master.

I repeat, this has been asked by many many people, and I think this is even my second request for this. So, please put it in or at least give a reason why you are not willing/able to do it.

Thanks.

Posté Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 11:35 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I agree with you and that's why i added in my plugin "Headphone" the button "BOTH". When ON and you move the slider of crossfader inside the plugin, the both crossfader (main + headphone) move at the same time. It's not perfect (especially if your crossfader curve is different from Full) but it's already something ;-)
I created a version 2.0 of this plugin directly using the main crossfader but i have difficulties with some computers which are too slow

Posté Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 11:40 am
Interesting feature you have there. But it does only work when the fader in the plugin is moved, not when using the crossfader, right?

Posté Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 3:15 pm
I have the version by using the main crossfader to control the little headphone_crossfader but i can't upload on this website because it doesn't work with low computer.
Actually you're right you need to use the slider of the plugin

Posté Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 4:39 pm
So, now we had TWO major versions (2.1 and now 3.0), and still it is not possible to monitor the master?

Question: Is it possible to create a plugin for this purpose? Or does the SDK not allow to access the Master audio stream?

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry we can't access the master in plugins, only the sound on left deck or right deck :-(

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 7:42 pm
You can do this by keyboard shortcuts

Most users/dj's would prelisten both decks using the headphone_mix options, or cue buttons at external mixer.

But I see you want a master prelisten at headphones (actually headphones prelisten follow what you are doing with crossfader)

By default PAGE-UP and PAGE-DOWN moves the crossfader for master out.

Now add this, so that the same buttons will ALSO do the same with headphone so that it will be like prelisten master:

1. Add a shortcut to PAGE UP, with the value : HEADPHONE_CROSSFADER >> -128
2. Add a shortcut to PAGE DOWN, with the vaule : HEADPHONE_CROSSFADER >> +128

there u go! ;) master prelisten (emulated)

This will only work when you move crossfade by keyboard (page up/down), and will NOT work if you move crossfader in skin by mouse

Don't think a macro can be added to a slider in skin, but hopefully this can be added to a future fuction for skin makers :)

Happy mixing, and prelistening ;)

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:03 pm
Well dj-in-norway that was i did in my plugin headphone even linking the both crossfader but when crossfader behavior is not the same it's different. So it only works in "full" mode

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:03 pm
yes... it will only work in full mode for sure

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)