Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Regenerate BPM after tapping

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sometimes Virtual DJ can’t get an accurate BPM recognition, so you have to do it by hand. But wouldn’t it be much more easier that when you’ll tap (let’s say 10 times), Virtual DJ will automatically recognize the right beat to generate?

The problem of ‘tapping’ is that you’re not always that accurate, so I’m not saying that it has to copy the 10 taps that I’ve made and past it al over the rest of the song. No, it should recognize the right beats, because of my taps so it will regenerate the right BPM.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 8:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you really tried it .. you don't have to tap it out for 40 or 50 whole beats.

First tap is a reference point for the CBGs and your first selected beat ... then continue tapping ... now if you stop at 10 then sure the BPM still may be off compare to tapping out 20 beats .. but yes you can stop at 10.

As you stated, you may make flaws in your tapping .. if you only make 9 of the 10 taps accurate then you may have introduced a 10% error in properly calculating the BPM, with 19 of 20 taps it only the potential of a 5% error. Notice I said 'potential' and 'introduced' error ... doesn't mean that you will have error - just a higher percentage of possibility that the BPM will be off.

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:41 pm
You must not be using the "smart tap" keyboard shortcut function if you can't get it right in less than 10 taps. Either that or you have no rhythm whatsoever. The "smart tap" function works awesome.

Posté Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 12:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)