Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Profanity Button - Plugin? - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ha ha, you're a good sport. Cheers.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:58 am
wel i just dont get the i am a WEDING DJ thing

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 6:28 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Skrib wrote :
wel i just dont get the i am a WEDING DJ thing

The world is big, traditions are changing and some are abandoned... on balkan
live music is still a strong tradition, in western world they throw a party with a dj.
Some people don't even get married anymore.

What's not to understand here?

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:14 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I don't understand all this talk about waveforms and crap.

It is the window at the top of your skin that allows you to visually see the CBG (aka - little squares) marking the spiky things (aka - beats). If you know the song well, you can "cover" just the curse word by holding the button and watching the beats go by. Because forward reverse does not change the direction of this "waveform", it moves as if the song was playing normally.

With dump, that window moves backwards, so you can't see the beats to refference the time to hold the button. Then you just have to count time or guess.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 6:38 pm
Yes, I know what the waveform is. How is dump better? If the waveform using forward/reverse continues going forward then you would be able to see the beginning of the where the curse words, and where they end. If the wave form was moving backwards you would only see BEFORE the start of the profanity. Besides, why would you even need to watch the waveform??? If you know when "s**t" is coming up in the song you would just press the forward/reverse only momentarily, and when the curse word has been masked you would release the key. What songs are you playing where there are so many curse words in a row that you would actually have to watch the waveform and count beats??? This thread is just getting retarded.

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 8:42 pm
u mean u play house music or tecno on a weding oh man that would be so cool im gona make my like that

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 5:05 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Yes, I know what the waveform is. How is dump better? If the waveform using forward/reverse continues going forward then you would be able to see the beginning of the where the curse words, and where they end. If the wave form was moving backwards you would only see BEFORE the start of the profanity. Besides, why would you even need to watch the waveform??? If you know when "s**t" is coming up in the song you would just press the forward/reverse only momentarily, and when the curse word has been masked you would release the key. What songs are you playing where there are so many curse words in a row that you would actually have to watch the waveform and count beats??? This thread is just getting retarded.

This is funny because in your last post you said "I don't understand all this talk about waveforms and crap". Also I actually never said dump was better, if you had read what I said, you would have seen this "I am new and I am not use to to any way, so forward reverse is what I like and use".

All I was doing was trying to defend VDJ and cstoll about the DJ Ross M coment "is this possibly a bug then? DUMP feature should allow the time and waveform to progress and act as a while pressed reverse audio only. Otherwise it's purely a reverse!" I was mearly stating that dump was not mearly a rebadged reverse.

Not sure what set you off but maybe you shoud try to control your anger better, that will allow you to correctly interperate what I wrote. Besides, if you want this post to end, just stop posting questions in it.

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:27 pm
I wasn't bashing VDJ at all.
I love it.

But I still think it would be an improvement to the the DUMP feature if the time and waveform advanced correctly and could just do away with Forward/Reverse.
Anyway it doesn't bother me that much.

Lock it if you like, it has gone a bit out of control.

Ross

Posté Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 8:33 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :
I wasn't bashing VDJ at all.
I love it.

But I still think it would be an improvement to the the DUMP feature if the time and waveform advanced correctly and could just do away with Forward/Reverse.

I didn't say you were and I totally agree, it would be a nice improvment to the Dump feature. The point I was making was, if Dump works the same in VDJ as it does with other gear (counter and wave in reverse until button release), then leave it alone as people may be use to it that way. If not, I (and possibly many) like it the way forward reverse works. I just find it more useful. But because forward reverse works fine, there is no need for Dump. For the sake of simplicity though, it would be nice not to need a plug in made for VDJ 4.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 9:01 pm
Woww!!! This is like a tennis match!

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 10:36 pm
I know im late try this: set the back spin or brake fx as long as it runs. u can use this like bleep. as you listen if you know the words, hit the fx and then release it. it will start where the song would have been. it has been that way since ver4.....

Posté Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 12:33 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
V6 has the DUMP action. Just assign it to a button. Look at the mapper actions.

Posté Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 8:30 am
take the song load it to the table , then open record , then open sample . record it over it with the sample and save the song. I dont get the big issue.you could even use the kareoke feature to remove the lyrcs. I will try it now to see if it would work.

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 1:20 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
take the song load it to the table , then open record , then open sample . record it over it with the sample and save the song. I dont get the big issue.you could even use the kareoke feature to remove the lyrcs. I will try it now to see if it would work.

Nice idea, thanks.

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 2:31 pm
DJ Skrib wrote :
i never got the i am a weding DJ and then he buys vdj or some other softwear what do you exactly play at a weding hear in croatia in my 18 year of going to wedings i have never seen a dj DJ on wedding som my question is this what kinda song do you play at a weding...hear in croatia we have our music that comes froma our culture we call that TAMBURICA type in on you tube se what is it and then we have some bend that sing some weding songs like finaly i found you or something like that any way its wierd at least for me beacouse its not a custom over hear to have a DJ on the weding.

I'm a DJ that did 50 weddings in a year once! you play party music! what else?

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 4:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)