Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Help: Broadcasting brokes the software

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have an Hercules RMX console. I upgraded to PRO, and after installing the newest version of VDJ started to try the software. Everything worked OK. Now comes the problem:
I´m the owner of a broadcast radio station. I use "SAM Broadcaster" for that, and at this moment it´s working OK. The computer is new, with original Windows XP installed and updated. I have no problem with drivers, etc. I want to broadcast through VDJ, and tryed to configure the server. The first test was perfect, mixing directly to my station through VirtualDJ. I stopped the broadcast service and continued using the software. After a few minutes I closed VDJ. Later I tryed to make a second test bradcasting with VDJ again. When I pushed "broadcast button" the software stopped. The music was playing, but no button worked in the screen and in the console. I had to kill the process with "ctrl+alt+del" I opened again the software and works OK, but when I push "broadcast" or "config broadcast" the software brokes. I uninstalled VDJ, made a cleaning in the Windows registry and reinstalled the soft. If you don´t touch that two buttons it works OK, but if you push them it brokes. It´s not a "broadcast problem" but when I wrote a "help ticket" they had no idea about the problem, and told me to post my problem here. I know that my computer works perfect, the internet connection works OK, and there´s no restriction with broadcasting services. I think the problem is the software. Mayby a bug? I don´t know that. I don´t want to format and reinstall everything in my computer. Anyone has any idea? Maybe some string at the Windows registry must be cleared by hand? Please HELP.

Posté Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 2:09 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi DJ_POLE,

i stream often to our VDJ Radio Station without any problems.
Do you use V6.0.1?
Which Firewall and/or Antivirus soft do you use?

> Open VDJ
> Both decks does not play!
> Press the start broadcast button
> After the time under the Start/Stop Broadcast button is running, press play on one of the decks.

If you do these steps, the impact comes also?

Haui

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 6:26 am
I broadcast to my own server, not to VDJ Radio, but that´s not important for this problem. I can´t press "broadcast" because it crashes. I can´t press "config broadcast" because it crashes too. So I can´t reconfigure the server or any other parameter. The problem is NOT the broadcast service, it´s a software problem. I use V6.0.1 and Avast, and its own firewall, but that´s not the problem. The first test I made worked OK. I don´t know if I can manually delete something in the windows registry, because if I try to reinstall VDJ the problem persists, so "something" stays inside the registry and makes it crash when I press those buttons. As I told in the first post, the software looks like a static picture, no button works and I have to "kill" the application. And it´s only when I press those buttons. If I don´t press them the software works perfect and I can record to hard drive, for example. Nobody at Support Service could tell me any solution. ¿maybe a bug in the soft?

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 11:24 am
I didn't wrote YOU stream to VDJ Radio, i say I do it very often without ANY problems and a lot of DJ's too!

We stream also to a server and so in the same way like you!

So i belive it is a encoder or setting failure.

Did you have the settings like that?

Haui

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 2:36 pm
Yes, my settings are like yours. But I record from "Master+mic".
I have solved the problem today. I uninstalled VDJ and cleaned "windows registry" with another tool (not the same that I used the first time), then I reinstalled VDJ, reconfigure the server and ¡¡works OK!! I don´t know the reason, but 2 hours of live session and no problem. Maybe this is a "computer mistery". Thanks for trying to help.

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 3:06 pm
DJxMizoHome userMember since 2009
Hello! please help me! what is the software you used to clean your registre with? please i have the same problem! i could broadcast for a week ago,today i cant ! when i press broadcast and put on a music, i cant press any button,it tottaly bugs! help me! thank you!

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 8:58 pm
Hi DJxMizo

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Register your licence and download the update version, located in your download center.
In most cases the official versions works better then the free ones ;-)

See you
Haui

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 1:59 am
Hi DJxMizo

I used "Uniblue registry booster 2009" for cleaning my system. It´s a good program, works fine.

And I tell you the same than Haui70. Register your VDJ copy. Good soft and good tech support have no price.

Posté Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 6:39 am
I also have a problem with broadcast in VDJ. When I change from one song to another by crossfade, the VDJ hangs for 20 seconds and then back to normal (until I change the music again).

Posté Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 7:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)