Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Full DMX Support - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi, rather than rely on 3rd party software for DMX, could we not have full DMX support built in?

It would be nice to have a dmx control panel whereby you can control your light show scenes.

At worse case, can we not have scene buttons to trigger third-party opensource DMX software.

I have held back in making a choice between hardware DMX or software for this very reason.

I'm not sure if I want to flick between software while working live, but would much prefer to have it right in the VJ itself.

Thank you.

Posté Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 5:41 am
Heck I would be happy with a third party DMX software that was simply integrated with VDJ (IE: the bpm of the deck playing would be automatically sent to the DMX software, and dmx scenes/chases chosen would be related to the song or Genre being played)

BUT,
Alas... I guess their is not enough DJ's who also run DMX lightshows..

Posté Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 11:21 am
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
+1 oh yeah!

Posté Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 9:46 pm
+2 :-)

Posté Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 5:54 am
I don't run DMX but I would switch to it if it was built in to VDJ.

Posté Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 10:48 pm
ukdjdazPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+ 3 ;)

Posté Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 8:26 am
+4

I want it for using with an strobe and the American DJ Quad GEM DMX.

Posté Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 4:26 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posté Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 6:18 pm
+5

Posté Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 3:07 pm
djcel wrote :
The DMX support (based on sunlight API: http://www.nicolaudie.com/main.php?id_page=9 ) is still available in VirtualDJ v6.x : use the function "dmx" in the mapper interface to activate it.

Can you please expand on this?

ie how to use etc?

Thanks

Posté Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 9:52 am
I'd be quite happy if I could just send information to Visual DMX.
eg Songs could have pre set colour combos, run specific chases and strobe could be triggered by specific beats.
Imagine a separate CUE marking system so you could send light CUEs to your favourite software or even just DMX values as I could listen for them on my input.

Ross

Posté Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 1:19 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :

Imagine a separate CUE marking system so you could send light CUEs to your favourite software or even just DMX values as I could listen for them on my input.

that sounds sweet..
The shows we could have if the Cues from VDJ were somehow linked to lighting software.. (including full song info)..

ummm wow..

a lightshow that not only reacts to the music we play, but changes scenes or chases based on the SONG WE PLAY or even which PART OF THE SONG..

Posté Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 5:55 pm
That's what I'm really after.

I'd be pushing Visual DMX to let me store Colours and Chases by song name for themes and some how listen into getinfo for song details then pull those CUES.

But like I say if I could send channel values via lighting CUE points I could listen to the incoming DMX and do the same, bit more complicated though.

Ross

Posté Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 10:55 am
DJ Ross M wrote :
But like I say if I could send channel values via lighting CUE points I could listen to the incoming DMX and do the same, bit more complicated though.

not sure if I understand that part :-)

for me it makes sense for the DMX software to recieve the "cue point" and have that trigger the 'sequence' or scenes..

IE: 4 scanners making a circle is built from 20 to sometimes 100's of scenes sequenced into 'chase'.
Having VDJ do this is problematic at best..

but most DMX software allows you to tie that "chase" to a 'hot button' and the better ones also allow you to modify the 'speed' of that chase..
So if that 'hot button' or 'cue' was tied to the Cue from VDJ somehow, everything becomes automatic.

Posté Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 3:47 pm
Yes that would be an ideal setup but then you would need a specific interface to each DMX software.

Most software that can take a DMX input as well can listen to that and you can send values to trigger sequences and colours for example or strobe.
Not as advanced but pretty to integrate.

Obviously I'd rather go for a direct interface that could control almost all attributes.

I have a pretty good relationship with the team at Visual DMX.
I'm sure if VDJ added the ability to send light CUES they would quite happily write an interface for it.

Ross

Posté Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 6:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
See the dmx functions in the mapper interface.

Posté Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 7:20 pm
I see the dmx commands in the verb list. Are these only for the sunlite interface, or is there more info somewhere on how to set them up?

Posté Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 5:13 am
musicalcheers wrote :
I see the dmx commands in the verb list. Are these only for the sunlite interface, or is there more info somewhere on how to set them up?

can someone copy that "verb list" here?

Posté Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 11:04 am

Posté Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 12:31 pm
oops didnt realize they had the DMX commands in the veb list..

Quote :
dmx : show/hide the lights control window
dmx_color : set the color program
dmx_chase : set the chase program
dmx_black : black all lights
dmx_strobe : activate/deactivate the strobe
dmx_flash : flash all lights
dmx_setvalue : Set an individual dmx value. first parameter is channel, second is value

ok.. the "black all lights" and "flash all lights" and "dmx_setvalue" makes sense

do we have explanations on the other commands?
especially the "dmx_color" and "dmx_chase"

Posté Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 2:48 pm
95%