Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Lower sys. req.?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

rackarnHome userMember since 2005
Hi,

what can I do to avoid VDJ from crashing due to my computer not matching the minimal system requirements (low memory)? For instance, can I lower the grafics, disable functions in config etc.

Appreciate all advice!

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 1:17 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Can you describe your machine ??? (ram, mother board etc ...)

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 2:32 pm
comp: 130 ram, 800 mhz p3III... mother board, no clue.... winXP

hope that helps! thanks in advance ;)

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:01 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you must use Atomixmp3
or buy a new PC

www.atomixmp3.com

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:05 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
already winXP needs allmost 110 MB of RAM, so i would advise you to buy a bunch of more RAM. Even using internet should cause you problems with that much of RAM.

Posté Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 11:51 pm
Acutaly to run windows xp you need at least a

Intel 233MHZ CPU
128MB RAM
2GB of harddrive space (New install) or 1.5 (bearbones)
VGA video card

thats the bear min
buy the sound of his hardware he is better off buying a new system, this program is rather damanding when it come to RAM, i have noticed,

Basicly and HP or Dell system would do fine but, but you will get a average sound card so you might want to use the maya 44 ( whats with that one i dont see why its any beater then PCI ? is it just the speed of usb or something i havent seen yet ?

Posté Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 7:02 am
hmmm allright then.. thanks to all of you!

Posté Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 12:48 pm
no worries, computers are my life, but i am yet to be come one with them. :D

Posté Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 1:08 pm
with a low end configuration like you posted Matty that would be one HELL of a slow system. Make sure your running a FAT partition. Another point to ask is...Will Atomixmp3 actually run on that configuration with XP loaded??? I think not, XP is a ressource hog. Maybe running Win 98 or 2000 would give you better performance.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 2:37 pm
@ WhiteDVL

Ermm why would he use FAT? i mean its not like his going to use it off floppys :) What i think you ment was FAT32, better yet i use windows 2000 ( the best windows so far as go's its stablility) and i use NTFS. if he has Win XP then he is already using NTFS, unless he has upgraded, and in which in his case as i think i said before ( cant be bother to look) i would reconmended that he gets a high end Dell or HP system, or a custom pc, if he has the dosh to throw around he might want to go all out and get 64-bit system and get Windows 64bit Edtion when its released, ( but i hear thats its going to only be OEM atm)

I love talking about PC's :D makes me all tingley on the inside

Matty D

Posté Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 2:47 am
@ Rackram

What version of VDJ where you trying to run if you can tell us.
???

Posté Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 2:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)