Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Post it here! - Page: 6

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That is easy e-motion, once their is a kbps display in the file browser, you should be able to do a search for 192, but if you have higher than this they'd be missing, an advanced search facility could solve this, where more criteria under categories like kbps, comment, artist etc..could be specified.

Posté Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 8:21 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For the ones that are intrested in it, I have made a program that can add the KBPS, year, tracknr, genre.... into the comment line.

It is a beta program and I have requested to the dev team if I'm allowed to upload it.
Hope they agree.

For the ones that can't wait, send me an email with title 'VDJ-Database updater"
(my spam filter then will not remove your mail)

my email can be found in myblogs + a screenshot

Johans

Posté Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 10:31 pm
ya, virtualdj should make slipmats, that would be awseome, and maybe a cheaper sampler mix ststion thing ma-job

Posté Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:36 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@ brennan11: And maybe you could buy the software!

@johans: this is one awesome program to add to VDJ. Really hope it will be updated. anyway, i'm sending you a mail.

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:03 pm
ya, i will eventualy, not for the other features, but for the forum, and the vdj radio... that is soemthing i would love to be on, im just seeing if my comp is good enough or w/e is needed

Posté Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:33 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
analyzing tracks in the background. [sorry] this might require rewritting a big part of the program but one of the strengths of pcdj red is that u could get the bpms/gains in the background. while working on other things like cues, id3 tags etc.....

the only equivalent to that right now would be to have multi-instances but even that the analyzed tracks don't show up analyzed on the other session. so if there was a way the 2 sessions could communicate that would be headed the right direction. multi-instances refreshing the shared file that stores the analyzed information.

Posté Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:25 am
Mouse Scrolling/Button:

having it so that the mouse scroll button, when clicked, Holds/Pauses The Wave Display, the song still playing so that the dj can accurately set up a cue point. (instead of loading the track on the other deck to accurately set up the cue point.)

(some of u might ask how can u set up a cue with the mouse already in use?.... using keyboard shortcuts!)

currently in the Wave Display:
left click chases the "blue"/active deck
right click chases the "red" deck
scrolling: zooming
scroll button: nothing

the mouse scrolling button in other areas too. eg. jog wheel: to spin the track to reverse, Stop Button: can be used on stop to power down; ....
mouse scrolling over the pitch/volume/eqs can be used to move them.
---
the power of vdj over pcdj (red) is in the wave display and (keyboard) shortcuts. so let's not forget the mouse shortcuts too.

vp aka anon

Posté Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 5:36 pm
Database Scan HDD:
the ability to chose which folders the user would like scanned. instead of only scanning the whole C:
and the next scan remembers the folders checked in the previous scan.

vp aka anonymous

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:08 am
I too would these options on the HD scanning.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 12:10 pm
you don't have to scan the whole drive. Just click cancel
and then browse in VDJ thru mycomputer, c, music and the click "add to database"
and the click "scan" if you want

this is how i do it.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 12:34 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Or you can "right click" the favorite folders to add or remove them to the search database.
And it is the faster scan by far..., you can update the search database "on the fly" in seconds..

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 3:30 pm
lopez ur way sort of works. but in the end what one would really want is spend the least time refreshing the music database.
u'd want to do the dirty work once then from then on not worry about adding or removing folders.

apopsis, unless i'm missing sumthing, i'm not sure u can just update the search database on the fly without having to scan the whole drive

Posté Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:22 am
I do it all the time, especially these days i'm changing my whole folder structure, renaming/moving folders while i play, and update the search database "on the fly" in seconds. There is no other software allow me to do that (except Atomixmp3...)
I can even rename/move/delete a file that is "on air", no problem it plays from ram...

Posté Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:42 am
just remove your music folder from the search database
and add it again it took me about 2-5 seconds

Posté Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
..yes but doing that, don't you miss informations about your songs, cues for example?

Posté Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 12:37 am
No !
cues and all important user information are in the xml database
(2 databases in virtualdj)

Posté Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:43 am
ethan_hines for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posté Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 1:24 am
djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
BpM's In The Playlist

Posté Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 6:54 am
2 Things for me :)
Native (instead of midi) DAC-3 Support mappable like xp-10s.
Ability to play video samples OR pick a video clip in the vid-config under the 'when no audio is playing'.
Also - when can we expect a new release - and what features are likely to make it to the version. Although surprises are nice :)

Posté Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 12:39 pm
LOL Nick, no pre-release information is issued on this board, unlikely they'll change that, It wouldn't be good if the competition knew "behind the scenes info" :).

Posté Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 1:31 am
60%