Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Playlist vs Sidelist

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, Soo im not new to vdj but im getting to the point to where the options on here i dont understand...

My question is what is a sidelist vs a playlist, as for me i would think the playlist is the songs im que-ing up for my next rotation however when i play a song in lets say deck A and have one in deck B its good but when i pull a song from my playlist to put in deck A, the current song being replaced gets thrown into my sidelist creating a repeat of the songs ive already played. How do i stop that and would i want to.. as it does have its advantages but its rather annoying not knowing if i can control that or not.

Posté Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 10:51 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Part of this is also, how much of the song did you play? If it is a long enough chunk it will not go to the side list, I've noticed once it has been play approx 20% of its total time it will be tagged as "played"

Posté Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 10:58 am
i tried it both ways,,i played it all the way thru, i played it half and track changed, and i actually put in the deck and just moved to the end of the song and let it finish out and still jumps to the sidelist

Posté Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 11:25 am
In Options I have Autosave Unplayed = Enabled

When loading a song into a player, mine will only put the previous song into the sidelist if it was unplayed.

I use the playlist to store requests and what I'm playing next. I manually load them into the players from there. If I ever needed a bathroom break or whatever, I can just hit Autoplay.

Hope that helps.

Posté Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 9:36 pm
thanks soulman,, my internet was out of whack for the last 4 hours i had some stupid trojans that i couldnt shake...but im FREEEEEEE!!!!!! and bak online...

Posté Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 11:38 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

For me:

PLaylist ... is what I'm going to play, in the order I'm going to play it.

Sidelist... the songs that I have to play or want to play at some point in my session as a reminder. When I play it I also delete it manually from sidelist.

;-)

Posté Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 3:15 am
For me:

PLaylist ... is what I'm going to play, in the order I'm going to play it.

Sidelist... the songs that I have to play or want to play at some point in my session as a reminder. When I play it I also delete it manually from sidelist.

;-)

so how do you manually delete it only way i found to delete it was to move to playlst and then remove played tab.

Posté Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 5:51 pm

and how do you do the quote

Posté Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 5:52 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Yes I only move the song to another place out of side list to delete from there.

As Limited Edition user "Quote" function is not available, you have to put " when typing your quote to do it in the usual way.

Posté Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 6:57 pm
To remove a song from the side list just click and drag it to the search window.

Posté Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 6:53 am
PLAYLIST PANEL PROBLEM !

I'm using VDJ 3.4.1 and have always used/created "playlist folders" just to group batches of like songs together, e.g. i'll have a playlist folder called "70's Disco", and another called "2010 Club Hits" for example. I am then able to just click on any of those folders down the left hand side to view all my (favourite) songs i have in that "genre" in the main central songs list panel.

I can then either drag songs direct to a turntable to play it next, or drag it into the "Playlist" on the right hand side to maybe play in a few songs time.... i prefer putting songs there rather than using the "sidelist" area, (which is actually below the central songs list area), as i can see everything on screen at the same time like this. (I don't ever use the official "sidelist" panel as it takes up too much of the main song list space above it, hence why i work like this...)

The problem i've got is that up until very recently, if i dragged a song directly to any of the turntables, then it NEVER got put into the Playlist Panel on the right hand side. That worked great, 'cos i could be constantly building / updating a real time playlist on the right hand side panel, whilst dragging other songs direct on to the turntables as well.

The problem now though is that even if i drag a song direct to a turntable, then for some reason it now also gets added into the right hand side playlist panel? This doesn't make much sense to me if i've just loaded the song directly onto a turntable to play next!?!

Anyway, it's got really annoying now as i must constantly be pressing the "New Songs Only" button to clear EVERY song i play out of the playlist !!!

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop this happening?? It never used to do this until the last month or so, so is there a way to stop it?? Presumably the software has auto-updated itself and this has been added as a new function... (I have since disabled Auto-Update!)

I have tried completely removing VDJ software and reinstalling it from the original CD, but no joy ....

Any help to fix this would be really appreciated !! Thanks,

Sid DJ

Posté Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 5:00 am
is it possible to open an entire folder IE favorites folder and drop it into playlist?

Posté Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Select any folder, of any kind, from the left side of the browser. All the files will show up in the middle section. Click on 1 of them, then press Ctrl+A to select all files. Now , you can drag n drop them all in the right side (playlist) or create a shortcut to do this job... syntax. playlist_add

Posté Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 6:35 pm
Thanks thats exactly what i needed.

Posté Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 8:06 pm
belltwHome userMember since 2010
I love the sidelist feature. I DJ weddings 95% of the time and use it everytime I work.

1st: Dinner... load a "dinner music" appropriate list into the playlist, then automix into one deck... then load all of the Bride/Grooms special dances into the side list (i.e. First dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son. etc)... if there is any amount of down time between dances, I can slide back over to the dinner music automix in the other deck to avoid any "dead air"

2nd: open dancing.... i usually do this one of two ways (depending on if my partner is there with his laptop or not)...I usually either load all the faster dancey type songs into the playlist, then use the side list for slow dance songs....or.....use the playlist to load everything, then use the sidelist to only load in requests from the audience, that way they do not get lost in the shuffle of the playlist..

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 9:38 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)