Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Help me develop my own style!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey everyone!
My name is ben, I'm new to the world of Djing. I just bought my own dj controller last friday and have been soaking everything up. My friend has VDJ and I used to invite myself over his house all the time to mix songs and whatnot. So, luckily I have some knowledge about what is going on. The main thing I need help with is my own "style". Everyone always talks about each Dj's individual style, but I am still confused. To me, I see two styles, mix Djs and scratch Djs. I was wondering what everyone means by to develop a personal style. If it means to develop my own taste in music, I need help there...all the dance tunes I have are House and variants of that.

I just need help in my own style!
Thanks everyone

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 5:04 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Mix DJs can still be different types. Fast breaks, short blends. Last breaks, long blends. Scratch DJs can also come in different flavors. Beat juggling VS. hard core scratch monsters. House mixers VS. hip hop. There can also be any number of variations between these styles. As to helping you find your style, no one can do that. It is up to you to find out who, and what, you are. Practice, practice, practice...you'll find out what kind of DJ you are.

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 9:06 pm
i agree with TEU...a style is just your personality...its what you are and who you are...basicly...i like scratch but i cant scratch so i just do blends but and beat drops wish i could scratch lol...but my style i gues u culd say is just that ....so what you practicve and become good at would prob become ur "style" imo...

Posté Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 9:16 am
Until you play around with songs, you then come use to mixing your own style.

I'd love to scratch, but the RMX isn't the worlds best to scratch on, i'd love a set of 12" turn tables. OLD SCHOOL.

Recently to liven my mix's up, i've introduced a baby scratch before blending.

Adding effects also makes a lot of difference.

Posté Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 10:34 am
THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TYPES OF DJS IN FACT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF COPYCAT DJ'S ID SAY EVRY DJ IS DIFFRENT FROM THE NEXT SIMPLY DECIDE WAT MUSIC U ENJOY PLAYING AND WHETEHR U LIKE TO MIX OR BLEND OR SIMPLY SCRATCH OR MAKE A WHOLE NEW SONG THN ULL FIGURE OUT WAHT TYPE OF DJ U R. FOR INSTANT IM A DANCE/ELECTRONICA/HIP HOP DJ SO I MOSTLY PLAY CLUB MUSIC AND HIPHOP MIXED WITH TECHNO OR DANCE ... ITS A UNIQUE STYLE IVE GROWN TO LOVE UPBEAT IS MY STYLE

Posté Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 9:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)