Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xponent and Virtual DJ 6.x long closing problem - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

wilbergPRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is not an answer.....
The problem we all have is very clear written by users all over the world.
I think VDJ (by Atomix) HAS to fix this bug or contact M-Audio.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 2:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is so difficult to understand that there is no bug in VirtualDJ. This is the ONLY controller that has this issue. Out of 50+ controllers we now support, over 40 of them are MIDI. And they all properly connect and disconnect. All using the same method - because it's a standard method used. So, again; if there is a 'bug' in VirtualDJ why do we have perfect operation with all the others but this one?

I will give you your own scenario ... the reason your process works is because when you power off the unit you are disconnecting the unit from the opposite direction - hardware from the O/S and therefore the drivers disconnect. And then VirtualDJ is able to shutdown properly. But when coming from the other direction - software to hardware the drivers have a problem releasing the hardware when told to release.

As for M-Audio, they don't seem to have any vested interest in solving the problem as it then put VirtualDJ bug free and doesn't give their Torq users a reason to leave their program. So, unfortunately here lies the rock and a hard place.

I will continue to look deeper into the issue, but unfortunately since we have been looking at this for a year now - I don't see a different resolution being discovered.

Posté Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 2:45 pm
So the only thing to do is, after working with my XPonent and VDJ, first turn off the XPonent and then shut down VDJ ?

Posté Tue 30 Mar 10 @ 1:41 am
Let me solve this problem

Posté Fri 21 May 10 @ 6:48 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i hope i am in the correct place,i need opinions .my base work is karaoke with disco after. i am using rusty 3 vdj which is fantastic .currently i have numark total control witch is OK but i find the control of selecting the effects difficult ,as the control knob to sensitive i.e.can easerly over shoot effect i want ,would be better if control was notched. i am therefore looking at alternative controllers. the rmx appears to be the most popular.and i can see that i can map buttons to certain effects .there are two things that concern me . no 1 . layout wise i prefer the M-audio torq Xponent because the wheels are at the back therefore it would be easier for me to use in my set up ,as i don't usually use the wheels,against that is that u have 2 disconnect torg before turning off vdj,although practically i don't see a problem, is there one ?.Also i am Considering Ni Tractor controller X1 Because of The Size and effects Control , but i would prefer to stay with the visual 2 turntable layout.i want to focus on the punters not the system.PS I have Had a little medication now,to unwind , if this makes sense 2 u your advise will be welcome. ps i am working on the Costa del sol, Spain and have a loyal following ,Bazooo

Posté Mon 24 May 10 @ 8:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're using XP there is no problem.

If you are using Vista/7 there does appear to be a problem, and turning off the Xponent before closing VDJ should get around it from what I've read.

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 5:26 am
I use Windows 7.
Now I turn off my XPonent, before shutting down VDJ.
Then there is no problem.

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 6:41 am
gnagisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
problem is for me atleast that if you forget to turn off xponent first and have to "FORCE QUIT" then manny search db songs and bpms are lost :(
and why is this problem only on vista and win 7 :(
i dont want to use win xp on my new computer as i love windows 7 :/

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 8:09 am
Exactly.
If works good with XP, why not with Vista or 7 ?
I hope it will be fixed.

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 8:47 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
well i am using visa at the moment and i suppose windows 7 in the future so it will be a question of adopting a new shut down routine. tell me ,are you pleased with the Xponent with vdj, is the selection of effects a positive action?

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 9:07 am
I'm very pleased with the XPonent.
But I never worked with an other controller.
Maybe there is a better one.

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 9:57 am
giorgioCControlleristMember since 2006
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
After you press the "x" button to close the vdj window press any button of the xponent and the vdj will close !!!! i have win7 x64

Posté Sat 31 Dec 11 @ 10:27 am
3 years Later..and this guy has saved me from going "RAMBO" on my new controller imao,it works!...how is it that no one thanked this guy and followed on the thread? just amazing....

Posté Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 12:09 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
or x + touch anything from the controller will close the software

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 2:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)