Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet yeah torq works very well with vdj - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

finally got vdj to work with torq. if it stays consistnt and reliable im stickin with it. even though i can get serato from my friend for $250. stil mite get it for backup.

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 7:06 pm
how did u manage that you got the torq vinyl to work with VDJ there is lots of posts that say its not possible or it sounds like crap

please explain and post your

timecode config pics

thanx

Michael K

Posté Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 8:30 pm
And torq has had a nice price drop too;)

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:42 am
If you use the Maudio Connectiv from Torq, it's fully compatible with virtual Dj. I use it all the time. As long as you have the right set up, ther's no noise, and it works just fine. As soon as I get home, I'll take a screen shot of my setting and share it here with you guys.

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 11:22 am
yeh i have the connectiv torq bundle and i use the same thing with virtual dj with serato records i thought the post ment that he was using the actual torq vinyl with vdj :)

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 6:41 pm
craze01Home userMember since 2010
hey guys..Need help with with my vdj configuration settings! Im Using Connectiv with VDJ and Sicwax vinyls

The song playing from the vdj is coming out mainly real distorted and at the wrong speed. I thinking its the signal is not going in or out right?? prob the configuration settings. What do i need to do to get it working? pls use the link to see screen shots of my config settings

Decks are plugged into inputs of Torq Connectiv and outputs to the respective channel 1 and 2 of mixer.(Line/Phono)

Hardware Setup:
Windows Xp PC
Decks: Technics 1200s
Mixer: Pioneer DJM 400
Torq Connectiv
Sicwax Time Coded Vinyls

Connectiv Setup:
Both switches are put to Phono
Knobs are turned to USB A & B

Software:
Virtual DJ Professional 5.2
Driver: Conectiv 6_0_1-WDM_5_10_0_5133.exe

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated!!

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/Dralan_2008/vdjsettings-1.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/Dralan_2008/vdjperformance.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/Dralan_2008/timcodeconfigvdj.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/Dralan_2008/timcodeconfigvdjadvanceview.jpg

Posté Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 4:23 am
Try using the Serato Rane vinyl timecodes. I haven't had a Chane to upload some of the pictures from my set up, but maybe tomorrow I will upload them and you can see and compare your set up with mine.

Posté Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 10:25 pm
It sounds like it might be the vinyl.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 1:06 am
how did u manage that you got the torq vinyl to work with VDJ there is lots of posts that say its not possible or it sounds like crap

please explain and post your

timecode config pics

thanx

Michael K

i am using torq conective and vdj with denon dns 1000s with cd timecodes. im not using vinyl.

Posté Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 6:57 pm

This is how I have it set up.

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 10:22 pm
thanks for you help. Sicwax is made for serato as well so I think its not the vinyl problem but config. could you show me the advance settings for your time code config? and are you using cdj or vinyls and whats your set up?

And do you set it to phono or line? Mine's set to phono. and what version of vdj are you using?

Maybe is the mode which i have to set up to smart relative which helps the time code to 'learn' the config for it because auto config doesnt help as every time code is different? thats what I heard. Thanks.

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 3:57 am
Got it sorted bro! there was like a lil buttom/switch thing at the back at the mixer which i had to switch to line.. not phono.. that was causing the distortion! its working fine now! Thanks guys!
one more thing, to do needle drop or to go to certain parts of the track, do i set the mode to absolute, smart, or relative? tried all but nothing worked. dropped the needle at different parts of the vinyl but it continued on playing where it last left off..

Another thing is my time code quality is a 0%..tried adjusting the gain,silence and stereo but nothing happened.. it stayed at 0%.. it does not show a pefect circle like yours.

it is something to do with the performance issue now? thanks

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 6:10 am
Reset all your settings to factory default, and then set up torq just how I have it on the screen shots. I was having a similar problem until I reset virtual dj to factory default and then I was able to get it to work.

I use both cdj and vinyl and I haven't had any issues with the needle drop, so try using my settings, it might just work.

Yeah, the line to phono switch can give you a headache.

Posté Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 11:51 am
Thanks will try it out and let you know again

Posté Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 9:41 am
Hey!

Is anyone using Torq vinyl with the Conectiv interface?

Posté Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 10:33 am
hey tried restoring it to factory settings but still doesnt work. This was the response I got about why it stayed a 0% at this guy has been hitting the jackpot so far.

'As for the 0% or needle drop problem. U will have to fix the calibration problem first before the relative or absolute function works. It isn't a full green circle cos vdj doesn't recognise the sicwax vinyl/ signal as a proper timecode vinyl for vdj. Try to search in the forum n see the config for sicwax vinyl Or google. This could also be caused by dirty needle, bad cabling, bad connections etc, and thus, bad signal reading at 0%. Once this is at 100% the absolute / relative mode will funtion properly.'

Googled it but couldnt get any relevant results for sicwax vinyl config.. =( Any help? No really a IT person..

Posté Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 11:42 pm
baseleeHome userMember since 2010
Yes. I am using the Torq Vinyl with the Connectiv interface.

I could not get the vinyl to work correctly with the "torq" setting.

I used the "mixvibes dvs v2" setting with the Torq vinyl and then used the timecode debug feature to fine tune and it worked.
Although my time code visual of the green circle is not as clean as some of the screen shots I've viewed from others.

Another trick I found helpful was when you are in the CONFIG mode and have the "Settings" window open, going to the "INFO" tab allows you to "reset to factory settings". This is very helpful when you are continually playing with the settings.

Once you get it working I advise "saving the setting"

I tried several times to use the "torq" setting but it does not work with the torq vinyl.

I'll post screenshots of my timecode view later.

Here are a few links to help you out.... the one about timecodes explains how they should be set up.
Hopefully this helps.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TimeCode%20Config.html

http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/122757/General_Discussion/yeah_torq_works_very_well_with_vdj_.html

>RE: Makashino [old post] Post Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 10:33 am
>Hey!
>
>Is anyone using Torq vinyl with the Conectiv interface?

Posté Fri 09 Apr 10 @ 11:04 am
Hey guys i got a gig n two days ... Well got VDJ on my laptop and my friend got torq Box whats do i need to do to get it working?
I been DJin off my laptop not wit torq box just the program alone. Please me out

Posté Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 9:01 pm
shyhaLE userMember since 2007
baselee, did you manage to configre Torq timecodes with VDJ?
It totally doesn't work with preset Torq. With Mixvibes DVS2 speed is wrong.

Posté Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 7:36 am
Torq Vinyl doesn't work with Virtual DJ. Use either the Numark Vinyls or Serato. " One thing to remember " , Not all engines are the same. They respond differnt and one could be better than the other. Try both and see who responds better. If you have the Numark Vinyls, Try using the Virtual dj old engines.

You Can use the Torq Connectiv interface as a soundcard.

When you change the setting where it says Vinyl. The Vinyls being selected on the settings, You have to use the Actual Time code record.
Example: Virtual DJ old Engine, You use Numark Virtual Vinyls.
Example: Serato engine, You use serato Vinyls

You dont select Virtual DJ engine and use Torq Vinyls or Serato Vinyls. You use The Numark Vinyls Since virtual DJ no Longer sells Vinyls. (Same Time Code Noise map Vinyl)

Posté Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 11:54 am
74%