Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet video plugin to display multi line text

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

reason for requested feature: a choir sings their own version of songs and need the lyrics for the chorus displayed on the screen. the lyrcis for their own version of the song is provided in a notepad textfile's: song1.txt, song2.txt, song3.txt

request: create a video plugin to display lyrics from text files. "song.txt"

request for features in plugin
  • path << button to set the path location of all the text files to be loaded
  • grid << list of text files found in path location with vertical scroll << display at least 4 files in the grid. << indicate which file is active.
  • load << button to load file selected << alternatively, double click on grid file to load
  • clear << clear's screen.
  • font << button to choose font, type, size, color. If color is a problem, just make it white.
  • box << button to turn black box on/off << black rectangle behind text to make it readable. similar to the white on black text for the hearing impaired on tv.
  • scroll << slider for scrolling speed of text. << 0 = stop; << click on speed to stop / continue scroll
  • padding << padding from screen edge. << so text doesn't streatch all the way to the right, left, top, or bottom.
here is an idea of what i have in mind

dj kz

Posté Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 12:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
would one of those karaoke song makers not help you in the mean time until this could be developed, that is if it was taking up.

Posté Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 1:59 pm
what karaokee song maker? where is it?

remember that i won't have the music to go with it.

it's a choire singing their piece and i need to put the text on the screen.

thanks for the help

Posté Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 3:01 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posté Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 3:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As Paul says you would be better off either using a karaoke file or a video file for this. It would be infinitely more flexible with better control over timing and the ability to use existing features such as cue points.

Posté Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 12:15 pm
you're right scot, with a karaokee file, i would be able to move across the video file easily. and the cue point is a sensational idea.

before we put this topic to sleep, let me bring up a few important items.
  1. 720x480 video file (DVD Quality) is not as big as 800x600 (small screen resolution). therefor the text would come out fuzzy looking.
  2. if i were to create a 1920x1080 (Blue-Ray Quality) it would be big enough, but then the text would still come out fuzzy because of aspect ratio.
    • fix the aspect ratio, but the video is just too darn big.
    • create multiple sizes of the same one video and test it on all screen sizes until you find the right size and even then. you're using up the cpu when you load the video.
  3. outputting text uses very little cpu.
  4. can be edited at the last minute. especially if the plugin allows it.
  5. it would require almost no work from the dj.
    • create new folder for text files.
    • create text files with the name of the song as the file name
    • copy past the lyrics for each song in each file.
  6. it is easier to work with folders, text files, and virtual dj plugin than it is to work with a video editing software.
    • go find a good karaokee creating software
    • compare this one to that one
    • repeat previous step about 50 times
    • pay lots of money for something you don't even know how to use
  7. creating text file is much faster than creating video files.
    • assuming you know how to create the video in the first play

for you scot, a plugin like this would be so easy to create. especially when we look at the plug ins you've created thus far. you already created a text plugin. just allow us to create multiline text. or am i asking for too much.. sorry, i get greedy sometimes.

Posté Sat 27 Feb 10 @ 1:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)