Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Just a few things...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

1. To be able to prelisten to a song on a third soundcard. I have an internal soundcard and an external 4.1 card which I have hooked up to an external mixer. What would be nice is to be able to listen to a song (right-click on the song) on my internal soundcard.

2. To be able to select some other color than blue when selecting files.... and the color on the buttons and some lines.

3. Remove the the useless bars that are next to the sliders in the sample-window. Do they have a purpose?

4. Descent filter... Like the one in NI-Traktor.

5. I miss the local BPM.

Other than that... I'm loving this program more and more each time I use it. You can do so much with it. The tweaking is fun. There is just no competition anymore. What will you guys think of next? :)

Best regards...

- Jim Nordic

Posté Fri 15 Aug 03 @ 2:23 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
I would also like number 4 wery much. I thought of writing it my self, but I am nor that skilfull with C++ and sound (in mathematical meaning) nor do I have the time.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Posté Fri 15 Aug 03 @ 2:48 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To do this kind of effect, we need more control possibilities (number of sliders (/buttons) in fact). If we keep one slider for the volume effect, we have only 2 others controles.

Posté Sat 16 Aug 03 @ 9:57 am
The effect sliders take too much space, better to replace them with knobs if you want more adjustable parameters..

Posté Sat 16 Aug 03 @ 7:37 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
The new DSS DJ has a nice filter. I would so like to see it in VDJ...

Posté Sat 16 Aug 03 @ 10:58 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
2. To be able to select some other color than blue when selecting files.... and the color on the buttons and some lines.

Just edit your xml file and modify the browser section. Specify number in the 'color matrix' field.

Posté Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 12:51 am
1. To be able to prelisten to a song on a third soundcard. I have an internal soundcard and an external 4.1 card which I have hooked up to an external mixer. What would be nice is to be able to listen to a song (right-click on the song) on my internal soundcard.

==> If you are using the normal Cue Monitoring function on your external mixer, doesn't right clicking on a track in the playlist window give you a context menu with "listen" which sends the output to your Cue channel ?

----------------

==> Can't you modify this already in the XML of the Skin ?

-----------------
3. Remove the the useless bars that are next to the sliders in the sample-window. Do they have a purpose?

==> Isn't this also controlled in the Skin parameters which you can tweak ?

----------------

Posté Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 4:25 pm
1. I don't have the equipment to test it now.... but if you set up VDJ with a 4.1 soundcard and hook it up to an external mixer, what channel does it send the sound out to.... active or default channel? I don't know.... but it would be nice in my situation to have it sent to a independent soundcard for prelistening.

2. Yes you can... But there is no information on how to use the color transformation matrix to do what you want. This would be nice.

3. No. It cant without.... changing the other icons, and buttons as well.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

- Jim

Posté Thu 04 Sep 03 @ 7:20 pm
I miss local BPM too !!

and yes, a filter would be nice.

Posté Sun 07 Sep 03 @ 5:50 am
In addition to point 1:
Here goes again...

More options to setup your soundcard.
Again, I have a internal soundcard on my laptop I want to utilize and an external 4.1 soundcard (extigy). So I want decks A and B to be handled by Extigy... They go into an external mixer.
But I would like the prelisten-feature and microphone-use to be done by my internal soundcard.

I have two headphones... one pro DJ headphone for the actual mixing with mixer... and a mono-out & mic PC headphone that I want to use for prelistening and voice-over. This would be great for live use.

Maybe this can be done already... I don't know.

Question to all 4.1-soundcard-users (since I don't have the 4.1-card here right now).... when using the prelisten-feature... what channel does it send out to .... front or rear..... or maybe active or playing channel?

Thanks for listening.

- Jim

Posté Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 3:08 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)