Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Search DB not adding songs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jcsusPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I add new songs on my mac book and click on my folder and click add to search db. Then when i search for my newly added songs they dont come up? I dont get it. Even if I am in the same folder.

Ex. I add the song (Usher- Yeah) to a top 40s folder. I add to search database then later in the night I want to play it. Ill type it in the search and it will not come up. Even if I type it exactly how its typed. I have to then go one by one through my top 40s folder to find the song which is really annoying. Sometimes I have to just go though the general search in my computer just to find it quick enough cause Ill be searching through 200 songs otherwise. Why is this happening and is there a fix?

Posté Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 5:08 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
External HD?

Posté Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 5:31 pm
nope its all right on my computer

Posté Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 3:16 pm
are you moving the songs aroun outside vdj.if so clean check and fix c drive in browser options and then add top 40s folder again.as stated brfore if your moving sonds ect do it in vdj by right clicking on song then movr to folder then vdj database will save new destination

Posté Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 4:08 pm
Not doing that either. And I have always done that clean, fix, thing and it doesnt make a difference when I search for the new songs I add. I dont know why it happens and its really starting to anger me. Its becoming hard to find the songs I want and i know i have them. I have run out of ideas. Please if anyone else has some ideas that would help I would love them. Thanks for those who have so far but still no solution

Posté Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 1:40 pm
Do you see the folders in the left column and when clicked-on they don't show up in the main screen, cause thats whats happening to me....

Posté Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 4:57 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make sure your permissions are correct for accessing the database files ...

---------------
Go to the /Documents/ folder and Control+Click (right click) on the VirtualDJ folder
Choose the Get Info menu choice
Then in the bottom right corner of the Get Info dialog you need to click on the pad-lock and unlock it (will prompt you for you user password)

Then just above that to the left is the Permissions list. Make sure your user account has Read/Write permissions set.

Just below the Permissions box there is a button with a gear graphic on it - click that and choose the 'apply to all included' items

Once changed, close the box to Apply the changes.
-----------------

Might have to do this with your external drives as well.

Posté Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 5:32 pm
Tried it with zero results... thanks anyway

Posté Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 8:36 am
Are the files that fail to show up WMA format? I can't remember which ones but there are some music formats VDJ won't recognize.

Posté Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 9:34 am
All the ripped CD's are WMA format yes... they show in the drive folders, but wont load. If you hit Add to DB you see a quick flash and nothing happens.

Posté Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 8:09 pm

Posté Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 7:07 am
If WMA isnt supported by VDJ then how and I able to play my ENTIRE music collection on Win7 with Virtual, but not Mac? This is either a Mac issue or a HD format issue, probably something simple. Just another headache to deal with on top of the drunks who lean on my equipment with a drink in their hand, while asking for some awful song.

Posté Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 2:46 pm
swciiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I know I'm late to the thread here but...

WMA is a Microsoft file format. Therefore it is a native file format for Windows machines. The codecs come with Windows Media Player which enables any windows program to access the codecs and play the WMA files. Flip4Mac will make QuickTime able to play WMA files, I have not tried it, but it might be possible to get a plugin or a companion program to allow VDJ to play the WMA files.

Posté Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 7:00 am

Posté Wed 19 Dec 12 @ 9:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)