Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet My roll loop type effect for vdj...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been messing around for ages trying to get a loop roll effect for vdj. I'm attempting to write a plugin effect to do it properly but in the mean time here's what I managed using shortcuts and the vdj sampler.

Just go in to the mappers menu in vdj config, hit the "new" button, press the key that you want to trigger the effect, then copy this code into the action box:

isrepeat ? nothing : down ? loop 0.25 & sampler 12 rec & loop & sampler 12 play & sampler 12 volume 100% & level 0% : level 100% & sampler 12 stop

The effect will trigger for as long as you hold the key down for. Then to add a bit of interest, assign a near by key to this code

isrepeat ? nothing : down ? sampler 12 loop 50% : sampler 12 loop 200%

And it halves the roll length whilst it is held down during the effect and returns to the original roll length when released.

What'd you reckon?

And would anybody else be interested in a proper plugin to achieve the effect without having to resort to the sampler?

Posté Sun 21 Mar 10 @ 8:24 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I for one would like it. Thanks!!

Posté Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 10:28 pm
Pretty nice! I say go for it we need all the effects we can get!!

Huey

Posté Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 11:00 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I tried the mapping but i must have done something wrong cause i cant seem to get a roll loop effect. This effect got my vote, too. VDJ needs to step up a little notch effects wise

^thanks for the effort though, please keep it coming

Posté Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 11:47 pm
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
If only we had ten more like you! Great concept, vdj could absolutely use something like this. Especially with the novation dicer and serato's beta with loop roll effects now available.

Posté Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 1:09 am
the script work without audio problems.
But in Video play, must disable "FadeToBlack" option
else you have a full dark screen on the run effect.

Great Idea !

Augh !

Posté Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 11:38 am
@Bazzooka, go back into the script and change the volume to 50% that way the screens don't go black. I haven't tried it myself but it should work.

Just a thought
Huey

Posté Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 12:27 pm
Awesome, i tried it again. Pasted the code and it works great once fade2black is disabled. I am quite new to mapping,i mean i can get a few things done,but here i have a few questions if y´all dont mind. First of, i want to use a layer of my nanopad for loop rolls.

What changes need to be made to the code to get the short lop roll that engages with the second button on push of the first button? So that its half as long as now.

Basically i wanna have 1 button trigger the beatgrid which sounds like the basic lopp roll (first code). The 2nd button is supposed to trigger a loop roll that is as long as the loop roll thats triggered by the second code. If even shorter is possible i would map a third button to this.

Is it possible to map the lenght of a going loop roll to a knob or encoder? So that once a loop is on the knob can manipulate the length of the loop?

thanks for any help with this

Posté Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 4:39 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 2:55 am
If you want to change the length of the loop roll, then you just have to change the number after the word 'loop' in the code. So, for the dicer, if you wanted 5 different loop rolls, then you could have for button 1 'loop 0.5' which would be a half beat loop roll, for button 2 have 'loop 0.25' (a quarter of a beat), button 3 'loop 0.125' (an eighth of a beat), button 4 'loop 0.0625' (a sixteenth) and button 5 'loop 0.03125' (a thirtysecondth). I'm not in front of my computer right now to check vdj reads these long numbers but I think it should. If you did this kind of thing, then you wouldn't need the second button to halve the loop length. Hope that helps.

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 10:37 pm
thanks alot rethink and andy, i appreciate your help

Posté Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 10:57 pm
If you saw on the dicer thread, the shortcuts to use the SMX1 effect is better than my keyboard shortcut since it doesn't cut the volume slider and is a dedicated effect. I'd use that instead.

Posté Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 10:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)