Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Forum software

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Was it ever considered to switch to something that could actually be called a form? this is more like a guestbook with topics..

have a look at SMF (at http://www.simplemachines.org/)

I'd be more then happy to help setting up a new forum..

Posté Sun 22 May 05 @ 11:45 pm
I just noticed the current forum sometimes marks all as read while thet is not the case, very confusing as you have to go check each 'last post' date for new posts in topics.. Relly guys, this forum is too bad to even be funny..

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
start checking posts from end of red marked (start with the oldest one) and it won't unmark all, just last one.

Dj Nikki

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:51 pm
Yes! when you cliv=ck on a post, and there are unread ones below it, it assumes you have no interest in them or have read them already and marks it as read. So you just have to start from the oldest message.

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:03 pm
OK. make sense.. in a weird kinda way..;)

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:53 pm
Yep, needs to be updated, but I am just so happy they have been concentrating on vdj. I guess if someone offers to update it, then whats the harm? As long as its backed up.

Killabee44

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:59 pm
I'd be more then happy to help out.. so would the guys at SMF.. I was wondering which forum software this is anyways.. I'd be surprised if it even uses SQL..

Porting to SMF should not be so hard..

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 11:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)