Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet controlling 4 DECKS on virtual dj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

controlling 4 decks makes it easy for dj at club to mix. is it possible that virtual dj will do this in the future???

Posté Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 8:42 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It already can via Multi-Instance if you know what you are doing :)

Posté Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 9:14 pm
multi instance?? how?? please show me

Posté Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 4:45 pm
You need to use or design a specific skin to work with it, but it can give you 4 syncable decks with a single browser. It's designed at the moment to use 2 different soundcards and 2 different control devices, however you can work around the soundcard limitation with a bit of work.

Posté Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 7:22 pm
It would still be nice to have 4 decks in the software without any MacGyver duct tape & paper clips gimmicks :)

Posté Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 6:12 am
Absolutely, no argument here at any point. In the meantime at least it is possible :)

Posté Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 8:54 am
It would really easy to use hercules dj trim 4&6 for controlling 4 decks just plug and play!!

Posté Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 5:56 pm
Hercules DJ Trim 4&6 has 2 input channels and 3 output channels, so how on earth is this device somehow ideal for dealing with 4 decks?

Posté Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 7:08 am
FezzikPRO InfinityMember since 2010
really the only reason I hesitated to buying VDJ6 was that Traktor had 4 decks... But I hated using traktor so I bought VDJ6 (: Having 4 decks is ESSENTIAL if you spin certain genres of techno or other styles where you throw down a new track every 1-2 minutes.. and/or need to mix a combination of 2 tracks into a 3rd track etc.. software should not limit the set you imagine in your brain!

if a future release of VDJ had 4 decks, it would completely make my day!!! (year!!). The easiest way for a 2 deck midi controller to handle 4 decks
(similar to traktor - VDI-100 setup) is assign one button to be a toggle/shift button between 2 virtual "pages", ie normally controls deck A&B, if you have this "shift" button activated the jog-wheels, play/pause/cue etc.. would effect decks C&D.. so could do entirely with combination of software changes and midi-mapper setup.. no need to go designing new midi-controllers.. reduce, reuse...

multi-instance is very difficult if you are not a computer hacker, and not worth buying a second laptop, not a viable solution for most users

Posté Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 12:54 pm
FezzikPRO InfinityMember since 2010
BTW the Focusrite Saffire (not LE) would be the best solution for 4 decks, has 4 stereo outputs...not that expensive. if you don't mind your tracks being mono it wouldn't be that hard to have 2 stereo outputs, one mono channel per deck. ASIO can do it, Atomix crew would just have to make that sound config option available in VDJ.

Giving us more modular sound configuration options also would open up the doors to other things in VDJ, dedicated channels for samples, effect sends etc..

Posté Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 1:00 pm
Fezzik wrote :
BTW the Focusrite Saffire (not LE) would be the best solution for 4 decks

There are plenty of other good alternatives too. I use my Ecler EVO5 with 4 decks and it's built in soundcard :)

Posté Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 6:01 pm

Posté Mon 03 May 10 @ 4:53 pm
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
Maybe Numark X7 could handle a 4 deck VDJ...

Posté Wed 05 May 10 @ 9:18 pm
LordyLHome userMember since 2010
is it true that Serato Itch has 4 decks now too?

Posté Sat 15 May 10 @ 12:31 pm
This is an very intresting function to work with 4 decks.

At the moment I have a VCI 100 and the NI Audio 8 DJ, there I have 4 chanels output.

I want to buy a Denon DN-HS5500 and an Denon DN-S3700, than I have three controller which i can put on every deck

When can I use 4 decks?

Posté Tue 18 May 10 @ 10:47 am
The Vestax TR-1 is a midi controller for 4 decks,

Posté Wed 19 May 10 @ 5:14 am
why can't they just add this feature? now that we've requested them maybe now they can add them....is it really that hard to add two more decks? it would be a lot way better to have four decks.

Posté Sun 23 May 10 @ 5:40 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The Dev Team does read these forums on a regular basis. Just because you do not see anything from them doesn't mean they aren't listening.

Posté Sun 23 May 10 @ 6:03 pm
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the VMS4 yet....

Surely now that it is going to be bundled with VDJ LE software, there will soon be people
coming here wanting to upgrade their software and use all four channels of the VMS4.

Posté Mon 24 May 10 @ 7:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)