Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ plays vob's directly

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
In case you wondered.

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 1:52 am
wow I must be the only one excited about this true dvd quality thru VDJ, and low cpu usuage. Bye bye dvj's

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 3:48 am
My system won't currently play mp2's, but you're saying it will play vobs which are dvd quality. 90% of my material comes from promo only which I've already ripped to mp2's, how can I now convert that to vobs. Or should i be re-ripping as Vobs and editing them directly ?

Or am I being characteristically dumb and missing a point.

As far as I'm concerned, DVD quality is the only thing missing from vdj right now, and It's playing very high quality non standard mp1 files for me.

Confused ? I am.

John :-)

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:37 am
I ripp the directly to vob with vob splits per chapter using smart ripper. My system has no trouble playing mpeg2 or vob matter of fact to vdj's will run side by side and I still have breathing room. Total ripping time per disc for me is less than 20 minutes. These files are huge tho 150-300 mb each. I'm willing to live with the size for perfect quality and playback. Each po dvd is 8 gigs :)

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
now I now why I am trying to save on having to convert from what I have to something else - Have the entire 80's P.O. vids in 3ivx MP4 and only takes 8 Gigs. for the entire decade.

cstoll

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:52 am
hard drive space is so cheap I don't care :) 6-8 hours to ripp one dvd or 20 minutes for larger files, I'm sticking to vob.

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:57 am
I hope others are having the same luck. I'm loving it, can't wait to try it at the club tomorrow on the plasma's with true dvd quality.

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 10:20 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you'll be back from the club, don't forget to tell us, how it was.

I want to know about the video quality, the video mixing quality. And i think the most important will be the publics reaction, seeing there clubs favorite songs on Plasma!!

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:24 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
When it comes to mixing DVD files, you must be carefull at which codec you're using for the mpeg2 decompression.

Since windows comes with none installed by default, there is no "standard codec", and many fancy codecs can be found in the wild, some of them really poorly written, and most of them optimized only for the software they came with.

If you're starting from scratch, the fraunhoffer's DVDVideo.ax works ok.
But if your system is already filled up with fancy codec, odds are that the fraunhoffer's won't be the one used by default.
In such case, you might need to use tools like graphedit to check which codec are used, and FilterManager to change the filter's merit to get the one you want instead.

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:43 pm
g-spot will also tell you which codec you are using. The one that came with power dvd is working great.

Posté Wed 25 May 05 @ 7:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)