Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet mixer Gemini PS 04

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I was looking for buying mixer Gemini PS-04. What do you guys think of it?
It has 3 channels and 25 effects built in.
I'm going to use it with TCVs or XP10s.

Any comment on it?
http://www.geminidj.com/ps04.html

Any comments/guggestions are welcome.

Dj Nikki

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 8:57 pm
Oh yes, it is around 280 EUR.
Only bad side it that it doesn't have digital crossfader.

Dj Nikki

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 9:30 pm
kilerbHome userMember since 2005
Isn't the XP10 a mixer? Or is that just a controller? What's the difference? Sorry! :) Total newbie

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 9:35 pm
XP10 is ONLY a proffesional controller. Nothing more. I use HDJC now as mixer, but i want external one fot TCVs =)

Dj Nikki

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 9:37 pm
They need a rookie acronym section on this site. HDJC? TCVs?

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 10:18 pm

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 10:23 pm
I've had ALOT of different Gemini gear...and sadly, none of it worked properly. I would NOT recommend Gemini to anyone, for anything

Posté Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 11:52 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Xeon/Nikki, I'm a little confused b/c you recommended the Denon 300 to me a while ago....which I thought you owned. Not sure why you wouldn't purchase that one. If you're looking for effects VDJ has them. I agree with TDJ that Gemini has a shady history in regards to quality. I had turntables and a mixer from them and both didn't hold up too long. The Denon 300 is cheaper and has been outstanding for me for about 5 weeks now. I guess the built in effects could be a little convenient but I personally wouldn't sacrifice audio quality, overall quality or mixer feel for them. Good luck.

Posté Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:43 pm
Actually mixer is for my friend who will get TCVs. TCVs were bought by Jeremie (Dj SumOne) and they were sent to Slovenia, but i did't receive them yet. I have Denon 300, but for my friend is important look of mixer =) He likes blue and green light. I taught about numark mixer too - Numark DXM 06.
I actually bought 4 TCVs (2 for me) I can't wait to get them.

Dj Nikki

Posté Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:59 pm
The product info mentioned this... The controller includes a professional audio sound card, with a signal-to-noise ratio greater than 105 dB (far more than most high quality computer soundcards).

Would the soundcard built into my motherboard not do the job for DJing? Should I get a seperate one? I'd like the best sound quality possible. I didn't think sound cards really had much quality difference...

Posté Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 5:27 pm
Well, there is difference in sound quality, but you almost won't notice it, so every sound card will do the job.
But if you want to mix in clubs, you will have to buy more expensive card. I have some experiences with integrated sound cards. They are not so good quality, specially on cheaper motherboards.

btw any comment on Numark DXM 06?
http://www.musik-service.de/ProduX/DJEquipment/Mixer/Numark_DXM06.htm

tnx

Dj Nikki

Posté Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 5:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)