Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet "Auto-pitch adjustment"

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I would go absolutely nuts if the program could do this:

While a deck is playing a track, "right-click" on BPM display (or Pitch area);
a window opens with 2 fields to answer -

"Time frame" &
"Target BPM"

Reason: "127" song is playing; click to enter "2:30" and "129"

... causing the program to g-e-n-t-l-y adjust the pitch to 129 over the next 2-and-a-half minutes.

Coolest thing ever... (for me, anyway). Anyone else?
Doug

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 9:05 am
that is a brilliant idea but how to implement so that it doesnt sound warped or doesnt waver while it's playing?

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 10:14 am
You effectively have it now with the "pitch reset" ... As long as you're the right side of the centre point ;-) However the point I ake is that VDJ can do this already - it's just not "programmable"

Another more intuitive way to impement this maybe with a new kind of cue point - let's call it a "BPM point". They culd be added and removed just like cue points and edited in the right-click BPM popup or via the skin if the skin developer implemented a BPM panel - like for cue points...

The BPM points could be stored in the track info along with the cue and automix points.

A special BPM setting could simply be to match the opposite deck.

A simple "toggle" would turn on/off the feature so that BPM point's are either acted on or ignored. Just like Master Tempo or Key Lock.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 11:41 am
mcs1234 wrote :

... causing the program to g-e-n-t-l-y adjust the pitch to 129 over the next 2-and-a-half minutes.

I think it might be possible to map a key to do this.. (havent tried it, but it should be possible)

myself I just simply let VDJ re-zero the pitch with the verb pitch_reset
Quote :
pitch_reset : slowly brings the pitch back to 0%. you can specify the speed in % per second (default 1% per second): 'pitch_reset 5%'

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 11:44 am
That is what I said above ;-p

What this adds is the ability to do it based on preset markers/points - In fact if you think about it Automix can already do this in smart mode as it tries to beat match if possible...

Doesn't seem like too big a jump to me...

Roy

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 11:54 am
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Good thoughts, but remember the desire is not necessarily to end up at "re-set pitch", rather a "destination" number (for the purpose of matching with the next track -OR- another system entirely (2 DJ's spinning at a venue)).
I currently have my pitch adj funtions mapped (up and down about .05% each) which works, but I have to keep hitting it periodically to get my target number.
Just thinking if it could be possible to automate that funtion with a target BPM and time duration algorythm....

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 12:07 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
That is what I said above ;-p

I'm a slow typer... LOL
Experienced users think alike? ;o)

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 1:21 pm
mcs1234 wrote :
Good thoughts, but remember the desire is not necessarily to end up at "re-set pitch", rather a "destination" number ...

Agreed, its not 'exactly' what your asking for.. but I found once you start using the existing feature in your mixes, theirs a good chance the "destination" idea will seem less important..

My purpose was simply to make you aware that the end result you desire is available NOW, and is not dependant on some future feature that may or may not get added.. ;-)

Posté Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 1:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)