Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Bit of advice from club / radio DJ's, please.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I been playin with Virtual DJ a while now on my, frankly meh pc, and a hercules. I recently gave a mix to a DJ and he was really impressed, he said if i got some decks or CD mixers, I could have a warm up set sometime. Problem is, i got good on Virtual DJ an dont really want to abandon it and learn all again on something else. My advice request is to who plays actual club sets on here, with VDJ and what do you use?

Sorry for the essey, and cheers for any response, Kris.

Posté Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 2:22 pm
pleaznHome userMember since 2010
if you truely understood mixing as much as you think you do, you wouldnt have a problem going from vdj to cdj's, once you learn to use cdj's you will notice how much better you get, once you learn to be able to do it all in your head you will be able to do alot more things spontaniously etc therefore it will be better because you will understand the music structure better. go to cdjs or you will be severly limiting your potential and your only robbing yourself.

Posté Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 3:01 pm
There are pros and ams doing it all ways now (see below). You don't need CDJs to rock it. Convince your man to give you a shot as is and let the dancefloor speak for itself. When you perform, don't get stuck gazing at your laptop and find ways to connect with the crowd. Best luck and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NativeInstruments?v=0ZxcWIe3lO0&feature=pyv&ad=5799355933&kw=native%20instruments&gclid=CJet2--omKMCFQTXnAodAnEStQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1H9W_iLff0&feature=PlayList&p=644D21387490C77D&playnext=1&index=52

Posté Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 7:59 am
A little late to respond, sorry but I never visit this section of the forum, just wondering around.

I play at a club using VDJ Pro. I use 2 Technics SL 1200 Turntable, a Behringer DDM4000 mixer a crappy laptop and M-Audio Conectiv sound card. Also when I feel kind of lazy I take a second set up that I have which is compose of PCDJ DAC-3 controller and a Gemini MM1000 mixer (cheap as hell by the way) with a Indigo PCMCI sound card.

I'm a turntable kind of guy, that's the hardware I've been using since 1984, but I got to tell you that the sound set up at the club plays a big roll on how is your night going to flow, for example where I play at I have the speakers to close to me, this makes it a problem since the neddles pick up the vibration from the bass of the speaker making beat matching a little difficult to maintain (even tho I play around with the silent adjustment on VDJ settings)

Most Dj's around here in PR (Puerto Rico) use VDJ Pro with just a mouse and some with controller, I think I am the only one using TT's with VDJ. Any way lets go to the point.

You just need what ever mixer that fits your style, scratching, mixing what ever your preference, some Turntables or CDJ's and a sound card, that's enough to get your self started and connected to what ever sound system. If you wanna go a little more simple then just get a controller, a good one by the way, for example I have a Numark Total Control LE, and I have to say the pitch on this controller sucks, specially when compared with the DAC-3.

This is my set up before I got the Behringer DDM4000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFAiAvREBWM

I hope this helps

Posté Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 6:46 pm
since we\'re digging up old threads...

you want to know what you really need? the dj you handed your mixes to said you needed to get decks and gear? that's a load of crap.

seriously.

this is what we do with just a mouse and an old-ass dell from hell

equipment doesnt make you better. practice does. no amount of shiney toys will magically make you a better dj or sound better.

you handed the guy a mix and he liked it? stick to your guns. and if he says to push off? keep swinging elsewhere. thats how the game works.

Posté Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 3:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)