Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hercules DJ console MK4......Pros/Cons to other Hercules Products??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I see that many of you use different Hercules Console products such as the RMX, Steel and MK2. Does anyone use the MK4? If not, why not? If so, why and or how is it the same or different than the MK2? Is the MK4 older or newer? A grade up from the MK2 or a grade down? I know I need a version with audio (soundcard) and want to know what my other Hercules choices are besides the RMX which, half the features I won't/don't use.

Does the MK4 model work or not work as well as the MK2, Steel and RMX, with VDP? Please, anyone chime in and share your cents worth on the various Hercules product usages, pros and cons.
Thanks,
Mack

Posté Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 6:36 pm
I have MK4. It has better buttons compared to MK2. But very bad sound card. Very noisy.

Posté Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 7:52 pm
djfilosoff
Thanks for the reply. Two questions for you. Would you explain what you mean about the sound card being 'VERY NOISY" I am pretty familiar with different sound cards but not familiar with your term very noisy? Do you think the MK4 soundcard is different than the one Hercules puts in their RMX model?

Also, may I assume you got the upgrade discount for moving to Virtual DJ Pro? If so what was the amount of discount because you bought the MK4? $150?
Thanks,
Mack

Posté Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 1:58 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 2:52 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The reason you haven't heard so much about the MK4 is because it was released recently compared to the Mk2 (released in 2005) and Rmx (2007).

The Mk4, as you can guess from the name, is the replacement for the Mk2.

Posté Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 6:26 am
FYI

Thanks for your input...............Much appreciated.

Just got off the phone with Hercules (France) and the tech (who owns these products as well) said that the sound cards, although not the same, in the RMX and MK4 are, equal in audio quality. The MK4 is different because one, its a newer technology product and two, it has an added feature to its sound card. But he said one will not give you better or worse sound quality than the other, according to their tests and specs.

Posté Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 4:05 pm
I had Virtual Vinyl package before I bought MK4 so I don't need to upgrade. By noisy sound card I mean if you turn the volume up on the mixer (this is where I plug in the output from MK4) and don't play any music I can hear some noise. If you play some music then you don't hear any noise. I think all Hercules controllers have similar sound cards.
Better sound cards are completely silent when the music is not playing.

Posté Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 11:40 pm
Gottcha ya, thanks,

Could the noise be defined as hiss, wind in a tunnel (white noise) or the classic 60 cycle hum? If so no matter how good or bad the sound card is I personally have experienced that it is most often due to a grounding (not grounded) or open/static noise loops. I have had to either ground or close noise loops to get this type of feedback to go away and be silent. And yes, because the sound is so low and only heard when its quiet any music would cover this type of noise. Each place I dj has different electrical systems, all which have various effects on my sound system.

djfilosoff wrote :
I had Virtual Vinyl package before I bought MK4 so I don't need to upgrade. By noisy sound card I mean if you turn the volume up on the mixer (this is where I plug in the output from MK4) and don't play any music I can hear some noise. If you play some music then you don't hear any noise. I think all Hercules controllers have similar sound cards.
Better sound cards are completely silent when the music is not playing.

Posté Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 6:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)