Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Minimal Mix Opinions please? :D

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 10:09 pm
ah! No feedback? Wheres my minimal lovers at?!

Posté Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 12:55 pm
you guys are killin me.. :D

Posté Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 4:52 pm
Mate I posted 2 mixes and like you waiting for feedback. I think this forum is not a good place to post mixes. Your mix looks good but still needs some work.

Posté Sat 07 Aug 10 @ 1:21 pm
OK OK OK......SO I CHECKEED IT OUT........My quick BIO: 10 years of actual Dj, remix artist i am an on air persoonality, and station mixer in Huston texas.......for an enternet radio station........I will be takeing the drive time shift on kbxx houston 97.9 in late november......any way........SO WERE WAS THE BEAT MATCHING, THE 2 MIN-4 MIN MIX, IT SOUNDED LIKE YOU BRING ONE SONG IN AND THE OTHER OUT BY CROSSFADEING, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT............IN THE WORDS OF ALL "REAL" DJ'S.......THIS IS NOT MIXING MAN.......YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

WORK ON AN ACTUAL BEAT MATCH AND MIX, WITH LIKE 2:30 MINLEFT IN A SONG YOU SHOULD BE BRINGING IN THE SECOND RECORD, AS YOU ARE DOING THIS YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR MIX ON THE MONITOR, WORK YOUR E.Q. LOWER THE OUT GGOING SONGS BASS, GRADUALY, ADJUSTING THE MIDS AND HIGHS ACOORDINGGLY FOR BOTH SONGS, LET THE SONGS RIDE IN THE GROOVE, OR PLAY TOGETHER, AT ABOUT 50 SEC REMAINING YO SHOULD BRING OUT THE FIRST RECORD I AM USEING THE TIME COUNT LOOSLY, TRUST ME WHATS YOU KNOW OR HAVE LEARNED HOW TO "PHRASE YOUR RECORDS, OR TRACKS, MP3 WHAT EVER FORMAT YOU USE......THEN YOU'LL KNOW THE EXXAACT TIME TO START YOUR MIX, DJINGG IS AN ART, DONT MAKE A MOCKERY OF IT BY "STYLISHLY ACTING LIKE A DJ AND FADEING THE SONGS IN AND OUT"

!!!!!!!!REMEMBER, THE BEAT DOESNT STOP, FOR HOUSE MUSIC, ELCTRO, PROGRESSIVE, A GOOD TARGET BPM IS 128-130 START THE MIX SESSION AT 128, IIF THE SONGG IS RECORDED AT 125 ITS COOL BUMP IT UP.......USE THE PICH BEND TO DO THIS.........YOU HAVE AALOT OFF PRACTICING TO DO.........GOOOOOOOOOD LUCK

Posté Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 9:12 am
Guess there is no need for me to say anything.

Posté Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 12:35 pm
avenuekahress wrote :
REMEMBER, THE BEAT DOESNT STOP, FOR HOUSE MUSIC, ELCTRO, PROGRESSIVE...

Exactly. Listening to that mix, there were periods of "dead air", i.e. no beat at all. If you aren't mixing on the fly and have time to prepare, one easy way to learn your tracks is to set cue points to know where to begin bringing the next track in. Since most minimal is 4/4, I would suggest checking about the 16th measure from the last beat of the track you want to mix from. Set a cue point there and start your next track, sync it up, make sure the bass is low and slowly bringing it in (which i find works well with minimal). Once you make sure you've got a seamless mix with no drops in teh beat, adjust your EQ settings and then work on the volume and moving into the new track and away from the old one.

Anyway, yeah...as mentioned in the post above...never let the beat stop unless you're transitioning into some wierd IDM trip-out phase of your mix...and in that case, maybe "dead air" is good. ;-)

Posté Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 3:38 pm
dead air bad...........always bad no dead air.....keep the beat going......even if your on the out-tro and a new dj is coming on........or if your show segment is going to come to an end no dead air........never NEVER dead air......give your M.C. a bed to talk over.....give the next artist a beat to start from......Booth curtesy, airwaves curtesy........dont leave a mess for your fellow dj to clean up..........KEEP the GROOVE in or out.......if your on you would want the same respect........if you are ending your set depending on the end time.........adjust your final program piece down a bit............if your open set.....9-11........start at 126 and end at 128...even remember peak hour is just that PEAK hour....your headliners want the floor at 128-130.....and they wil end there set at 133.....so remember think ahead of yourself DJ's.......your not the only one.......and if your are the only DJ from open to close.......KNOW your music.....start ginger 123-------------end heavy 140 b.p.m.'s but fr te old school dj or the dj's that know about the DJ rotation.........respect your fellow artist give them something to jive with.......you would want the same LOVE........any way.............as the great JOHN BISHOP once told me before i got on after him............its your party now MISTRO.......and "WE" are watching..............if you dont understand this..........YOUR NOT A CLUB JOCK......for those that do.........WHATS GOOD BRO'S

Posté Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 1:35 am
send me your mix.....instereovocals@inbox.com...............i will leisten and give you tips....

Posté Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 1:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)