Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I NEED TO PLAY REAL VINYL/TCV

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

wassup everyone!! Okay i need some help. First i kno that their is a way to play vinyl and timecoded vinyl with a shortcut (bypass). How do u actually conduct this shortcut? What value do i use? What is the difference between me using the bypass button and using the configuration in the blog diagram that i have seen in several post? If i do use the blog diagram what do i actually ask for in terms of rca cables when i go to radio shack? Thank you in advance

Posté Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 7:13 pm
hey does anyone know anything that can help me?

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Radio Shack shopping list --
4 - RCA 'Y' cables - Female split to 2 Males
2 - GroundLoop isolators for your using from your outputs of the computer to the mixer.
[Search the forum for humms, noise and grounding. You will see discussion about this.]

Look at my blog and DAMS blogs -- for additional ideas.

As for the shortcut its easy, go into the CONFIG for VDJ and click on the Shortcuts tab.
Click Add, choose your key combination, click on turntable from the left list, click on timecode_bypass from the center column, select the appropriate deck from the drop-down menu, then click OK.

There you go.

cstoll

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:35 am
thanks for the advice....does anyione know the difference between using bypass and buying the cables etc.

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Using by-pass allows you to plug the TT into the inputs of the soundcard and when by-pass is active the signal will come out the output of the soundcard to the mixer -- eg. All sound input to the mixer would be like Mixer Channels 1 & 2. What you are doing with the 'Y' cables is that you are using hardware to have the by-pass always available. TTs on Mixer Chan 1 & 2 of the, VDJ on Mixer Chan 3 & 4. Now you can spin a Normal Vinyl, and Both VDJ Decks all at the same time...?

Hope you follow... and hope it helps.

cstoll

Posté Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 9:15 pm
thanx..i got it set up perfectly. Does real vinyl sync to virtual dj so u can do beatmatching?

Posté Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 7:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)