Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DNS 3700 MIDI setup

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have 1 dns3700 that I have it set up as MIDI. how do I make it so it will only control one side. When I have one song playing on one deck and I load another song on the other deck it starts to control that side.

Also is it possible to use the 3700 as a CD player and use it's MIDI functions? I'm having problems with the platter controlling the SW through MIDI and it seems that the TCCD works better. But I like the fact that in MIDI I can control the cues point on the SW.

Posté Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 12:58 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You may be able to go in under the mapper and change each action to say action="deck 1 XXXXXX"
XXXXXX = previous action
Replace 1 with 2 if you want it to control deck 2

It's not possible to do Midi and CD Player at the same time. You should be able to get the platter to work pretty good in the latest version of VDJ
(Actually 6.08 and above works great for me). If the platter is loosing track(drifting) and acting funny make sure you system tuned correctly and doesn't have any DPC latency spike. Check your CPU Usage if it's spiking. There are a few settings you can tweak with the registry tool to adjust the sensitivity of the platter also.

Posté Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 8:16 am
Just found out the new version of the 3700 will support midi hybrid mode

Posté Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 5:25 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Firmware update will help you do exactly what you want. This not available till September release...

Posté Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 9:51 pm
Yup right around the corner..
Midi mode seems to work great tho.
but I have noticed on slower computers the CPU tends to spike.
you need to have it tuned very well.

Posté Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 10:08 am
dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
haz0rd wrote :
Yup right around the corner..
Midi mode seems to work great tho.
but I have noticed on slower computers the CPU tends to spike.
you need to have it tuned very well.

Thank you very much hazOrd!! The problem that I'm getting when in MIDI mode is that when I have music playing and try to backspin the record after the second revolution the sound starts to stutter and it wont continue playing backwards. I'll look more into tuning my system. Is there a Windows 7 tuning check list?

Posté Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 1:45 am

Posté Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 4:34 am
tried the back spin, I don't have issue with back spinning unless I somehow am too heavy handed and stop the platter,

I did a fast backspin. I think it made 3 revolutions then stopped.. (I am weak lol)
I held the record with 2 fingers and re-wined 3 minutes of a song.

BUT if you stop the platter it kinda chokes up...
if your used to playing on TTs this should not be much on an issue for you.

Since 6.08 the platter control has gotta Much better but may still need a little tweaking..
you should be able to do 75% of what you can do on turntable or in Mode.. I few tricks still don't work correctly..

Posté Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 6:14 pm
itelloPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've got the same problem with VDJ 7 for mac and S3700: I set my midi channels to 1L, 2R and Unit no set to 1L, 2R and there is no response!!! Also I've tried many combinations such as leaving Unit no Set in "all" mode. Even by downloading the newest firmware yesterday it is still the same. HOW DO I CONFIGURE 3700 MIDI's on VDJ 7 FOR MAC 10.5.8 ? The second plate doesn't even show a thing on the LCD. Please help

Posté Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 5:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)