Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Need help! Different transitions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey g uys¨!

So, i've started mixing and I've gotten pretty good at beatmatching and blending to beatmatched songs together at the right time!
BUUUT, I've got a problem! What the **** do I do, when I wanna mix, lets say from a 120 bpm song to a 100bpm song? It would sound ridiculous if i were to try to beatmatch the songs, so I need some effects, tips, tricks or whatever.
What do you guys do? Which techniques do you use except for beatmatching songs?
Thx!

Posté Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 12:08 pm

Posté Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 8:10 pm
I have never dropped from 120 to 100, but I often mix 128 (house/electro) to 90/180 (hip hop/Drum n bass) I always do it with an acapella on a third cdj, as I find that on my system VDJ cant handle master tempo's to the extreme required for this transition of bpm...

The way I do it is to play the acapella at 3/4 of the first track so it will continue when the track finishes. then with just the acapella running I change it's bpm to whatever i want to mix into. I often use the Ciara-1 2 step acapella as this is a catchy song that people will sing in the transition, and it sounds good fast and slow with hip hop/DnB

If you have heaps of cash, you could get an EFX 1000, do a feedback loop of a vocal hook, then manually change the bpm on the efx and re sample this works really well for a jump of around 20 bpm and I always use it for house/electro to trance/hardstyle/dubstep.

Posté Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 11:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)