Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Controller

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My old dual cd players had a control panel with play/pause, pitch control, jog wheel etc etc. Can you map any controller to VDJ or is there a specific controller (I've seen the DAC1/Dvinyl...). If so can anyone tell me what the correct name of it is and how much it costs and whether anyone has any GOOD experience with using one.
I want to try and edge a bit further away from using the mouse for play/pause, pitch range etc. I use an external mixer.
Thanks Craig :)

Posté Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 8:35 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Craig,

If you plug your old player and controller audio out into a good sound card on your PC, you could use time coded CDs to control Virtual DJ.

The DAC 3 is out now, I assume it works with VDJ. That looks like a modern dual deck CD player.

Posté Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 11:50 pm
Time coded cds!! Wow, I didn't know about them.
Do you know how much they cost? Thanks.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:53 pm

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:35 pm
Excellent. But how do you connect a standard dual cd controller to VDJ (hardware wise). Will I need special cables etc.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:48 pm
You connect the audio output of your cd player to the audio input of your computer.

Virtual dj looks whats happening on this input (slowing down, up, skipping, pausing) and it will do the same with the mp3 file your are playing.

SO it's not the direct connecting. Anyway you can try it, and if it's not enough but you are confortable with virtualdj and decide it's the way to go, sell your cd player and buy a computer controller like dac2/3, d vinyl or so....

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you have soundcard with 2 or more inputs or maybe 2 soundcards, you just connect your cd-players to inputs of yound card(s) and you are done. Otherwise there are external USB soundcards like Audiotrak Maya44USB.

Dj Nikki

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:53 pm
So how much are the timecoded cds?

Thanks.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:40 pm
I don't think you can buy them. Just download the files and make them yourself. If you don't know how we can guide you. Or maybe someone will make some business and make them for you. Last week a bought a cd, that had vinyl like design. was black with the vinyl spiral, cool.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:58 pm
Thanks lopez, you already told me previously - sorry, I got all excited. Thanks again.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:05 pm
I've downloaded the mp3 timecode and burnt it to a cd.
Now do I just connect the cd controller through the inputs on my sound card as if i was going to play an audio cd through the pc and then insert the timecode cd? (That simple???)
What do I have to select in the options?
Thanks

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:13 pm
btw. be sure it's audio cd ;-)

yes, connect the output of your dj-cdplayer to the input of your soundcard.

configuration here: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

but you will select in advanced config 33rpm/45rpm/cdplayer the cdplayer option.

I think if your soiundcard does not support asio mode, download asio4all from www.asio4all.com
it will enable you to use your soundard in asio mode.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:19 pm

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:24 pm
I have a SB live card. I am not sure about ASIO (I don't know what this means) :(

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:50 pm

Posté Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)