Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet My first gig with Virtual DJ in a Hurricane

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

grandpPRO InfinityMember since 2005

I have been putting together a digital dj system and for the most part have it all except some lights i have on order.

I had been playing around with VDJ for a few weeks and was going to buy it sometime next week when..

First off i do photography and we are adding dj services on to our photo business.

It was Friday and we are about to have a hurricane hit us on Saturday here in Florida but i have a wedding booked on Saturday allso.

Well i get a call from the brides mom late Friday night telling me that the DJ she hired just called and canceled do to the hurricane and she wanted to know if i could bring my DJ system and be the DJ as well as do the photography.
I all most told her no but i needed to get my feet wet with the DJing.

So i ordered Virtual Dj friday night and stayed up till after 4 am with lightning and heavy rain and thankfully the power never went out. I was loading songs into a new cube PC i just got in the day before and setting up song list folders.

Now its saturday an i have had very little sleep and we are on our way me and my wife.
I spent about 10 mins showing her what to no and what not to do in VDJ as she has to be the DJ at the recepting hall when i am taking photos at the church.
The hurricane never showed up all the way but it was a bad storm to drive in to.

Here's how it went.

VDJ worked like a charm no problems at all except for me and my wife trying to do the introductions and other announcements for the first time ever.
We did plan on rehearsing them many times and coming up with nice things to say.

It's amazing how when you have a wireless mike in your hand and you are in the center of 100 people and you start to make an announcement and you mind just gos blank i could not think of anything to say expect very basic things like now here's the first dance and ok they are going to cut the cake now.

VDJ was great i made song lists with all the songs i wanted to have ready into different types. dance, country, slow music, classic, special wedding songs and dinner music . I had also made a main dance set list going from fast to slow and so on that would run for a good 3 hours.

My wife started it out with the Dinner music set i made and then later i got their from the church and we double clicked to cue the first dance song to be next and i announced the bride and groom dance and then did the same for the net few dances. I then loaded in the main dance set list and let it take over till it was time for the cake cutting time and the other activities and each time we let it keep going on with the main set list till it was all over.

Now i will spend a lot more time with VDJ making more set lists and making a bunch of premade samples of all the main intros and other neat sound effects.

The owner of the wedding reception place kept coming over telling us how much he loved the PC playback system and he wants to put one together as he dose DJ for many of the weddings as well.

Well that's it for now VDJ got us up and running over night and we paid for it and more with in 24 hours of buying it.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 10:49 am
nice ;)

Thanx for sharing the good experience with VDJ, and happy mixing :)

good to see you as a full member

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 11:05 am
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Grandp.
Excellent. It was good to hear your experiences, as I do weddings and birthdays too. You were brave to go with a new system in such a short time, but fair play to you. Well done.
Craig

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:51 pm
Wow...bravo!
I would never go out with a new system!
Happy DJing!

Posté Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 6:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)