Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Mixing styles...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
ok so heres a wee question for all you lovely DJ's out there.

There are many ways to mix, yes..?

The CrossFader way, With the Volume levels set.
The Volume Level way, With the crossfader left in the middle,
And The way that uses the Bass and Mids Buttons or sliders alternately so as to swap the Bass line from the track thats playing to the one from the track thats coming in or the same thing with the Mid levels,

Are there any other "methods" that are employed to mix tunes and do they differ from Genre to Genre?

so thats two questions for your emenent consideration.

Thanx in advance.

XXX

Posté Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 8:47 pm
I like to drop the base, add a flanger and then introduce the base to the next track.. Sounds pritty cool on the right songs.

I also like to scratch the other song into the one that's playing, can sound effective.

On the other hand, i sample a 8 bar instrumental, play this (beat matched to the song playing) then add another song to the other deck that is similar BPM and play this, drop the bass from deck 1 now you have 2 beats going off, a quick lazer blast/ flipping double hides the fact i've turned off the sampler.

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 5:01 pm
Classic Techniques Dannyboy.Good example.

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 7:19 pm
Thanx dannyBoy.

Any others??? Keep em comming.

XXX

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 8:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When I started mixing, 25 years ago, there were no separate channel EQs. So, we learned how to make things sound good without tweeking the EQ and volume sliders. It was all cross fader. To this day I still only rely on smart choices and smooth cross fader when blending songs.

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 8:14 pm
Why, your a whiley old fox and no mistake...

Have you any examples on the net anywhere. I'd love to see a reeeaaalll pro like ya self mixing it up.

XXX

Posté Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 3:02 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posté Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 8:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)