Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 2 Problems In VDJ Search Option

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

Problem 1:

Whenever i search for specific tracks within the VDJ search bar i get a whole load of files that don't actually exist!

Say for example there are 10 files for David Guetta "Sexy Chick" then only 2 or 3 of them may load onto the deck, the others display as error.

I have recently deleted a lot of trashed files in the mac memory but the problem still exists. Its showing the files that are actually on the Macbook but also seem to be showing the ones that have been there at one point in time but not any more.

Is there a process to keep this up to date or a way or clearing VDJ's track search memory.

Its not a major problem but it does become a problem if only 1 file shows and its not actually there, if this happens a few times then it consumes too much time and compromises your chances of actually playing the next track

Problem 2:

Also i have found that if i search for too much music within the software it can sometimes cause VDJ to freeze and then has to be force quit. Again not a major problem as can use mixer with usb hard drive but its something that shouldn't be happening

I have the latest version of VDJ installed

Posté Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 7:01 am
Also what is the "tracklisting" folder responsible for in the virtual DJ folder. There are lots of files in there with the dates of all the gigs iv done since 2008 when i purchased VDJ. Is this something that should be deleted, is it saving the files i have played at one time or another which could be conflicting with the search bar option

Posté Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 7:05 am
If you get 'Error' when trying to load a song, then it means that the song in your database is no-longer valid. This is usually caused by either moving, renaming or deleting the song outside of VirtualDJ, so the entry in its database no-longer points to a valid file.

To fix this problem, use VirtualDJ to browse in to the drive(s)/folder(s) where your music is located, right-click on them and choose Add to search DB.

Once you have done this, go to CONFIG -> Browser, choose each drive in turn where you have music stored and click on CHECK.

If any problems are found, click on FIX.

You can remove the old redundant database entries by clicking on CLEAN.

The Tracklisting folder is simply a history of all your VirtualDJ sessions with each set saved in a playlist. They should not have any impact on performance. If you do not need these, you can safely delete them from /users/YOURNAME/VirtualDJ/Tracklisting

Posté Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 12:25 pm
Thanks very much for the information

Cheers
Phil

Posté Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 7:07 am
I lost capability of searching for songs I do not have before it would bring up a track or artist would you like to know what happened now it will not bring up anything I need help

Posté Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 1:29 am
1) Please do not dig up six year old threads.

2) Please take time to read (or search) the forum before posting. There are already many posts about the current Netsearch / Content Unlimited issues.

3) Please post in the correct forum area. This area is for VDJ 7.

This thread will now most likely be locked by a moderator.

Posté Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 8:00 am
i cant find my search option on virtual dj LE using my numark partymix

Posté Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 12:56 am
Search has been removed from LE version 8. Sorry old chap but it's a company decision, albeit a strange one at that.

Posté Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 1:10 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)