Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Horrible distortion with key lock

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay so about two days ago I had to a re instillation of windows and so I backed up what I needed music pictures etc. But I didn't think to back up virtual dj because I can just download it from software updates. Well after I got everything back on my computer I had to download serato itch to get drivers because I own a ns7 and once I did that I downloaded virtual dj. So I load up virtual dj and everything seems to be working good and dandy except when I moved the pitch fader for a song and the song becomes horribly distorted. So puzzled I begin to investigate I find out it only does this when keylock is on and when master tempo is selected because advance tempo and a low latency works my CPU so I always have it on master tempo. So anyway I start to think its the ns7 sound card so I reinstall drivers and everything same problem. Then I test it using my computer sound card through ns7 still the same problem. Finally i just use my computer and guess what same problem now I know it is not a hardware issue because my cpu is going at 0-2% while I use virtual dj alone with out any external devices so I guess my question is does anyone know how to fix this problem or what could of happened because I'm pretty sure I was using the same virtual dj on the same settings with the same hardware so I am really confused on how this could of happened unless atomix released a new virtual dj a few days ago and this is just a bug in the new version. But if anyone could give some insight as to what may be causing this issue it would help a lot.

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 12:30 am
smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey bud

I posted the same issue with my macbook pro..Its definetly a software issue and VDJ is aware of it. They actually mention it in their Guidebook. If the pitch is at a + or - 10% I think there is choppiness with keylock on is the term they use.....I receved a letter from their helpdesk and they hope to have this problem fixed with version 7

DJ Dusty

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 1:05 am
It's nice to hear other people are having similar issues so I know its not me but the weird thing is it just happened recently. Like never did this before until a few days ago.

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 1:47 am
smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Last Night I just reset all my Performance Settings to the Default Factory Settings and the choppiness does seem to disappear on anything in between + or - 10% Pitch

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 7:45 am
Rusko20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I try and use light flange/chorus or use phaser to hide the distortion!

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 8:19 am
yea reseting to factory defaults doesn't do anything for me and plus i leave my pitch range + or - 33% so I have problems at no matter what range its at Ive tried them all.

Though I do seem to think I have found the root of my problems I noticed in the info tab of virtual dj it says my version number is 6.1.2 (b301)
I know a couple days ago that (b301) was not there and I have no idea what it means but thats the only thing that changed with my virtual dj so maybe thats what causing my new problem

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 1:55 pm
I noticed an error with what I said also that might confuse people it only does this when I set the master tempo to fast not when I set it to master tempo.

Posté Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 2:12 pm
DZEL15Home userMember since 2007
i have the same problem when i put it on advance stretching and i put the keylock on the popping is driving me crazy

Posté Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 5:47 pm
DZEL15 wrote :
i have the same problem when i put it on advance stretching and i put the keylock on the popping is driving me crazy

The posts you are replying to are referencing version 6.1.2 and we released VirtualDJ 7.0 (12 October 2010) which corrected this problem.

If you are going to complain please do so using our free Home Edition 7 below and not other versions astray on the internet.
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Topic Closed

Posté Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 6:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)