Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Advanced Mapping Verbs/Swap Decks - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
blaide13 wrote :
...... Then I repeated this process again on the 2 right deck buttons.....

PitchBend - on the left side and PitchBend - on the right side is actually the same button. You need to assign the action JUST ONCE, it doesnt matter which button you will chose (left side or right side)

So, 1 action for BOTH pitchbend- and 1 action for BOTH pitchbend+

You may also have to assign your controller to Left-Righ (default).

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 3:59 pm
doandtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OK i got the code working but there is a tweaks i want in the script but I don't know how to do make it

here's the code I used:

device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

I want want to happen is that when deck 3 or deck 4 is the active deck the master tempo led should be lit on my board the mastertempo is tied to the beatlock button and the beatlock led

btw I have a DJ Control MP3 if you need a reference

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:08 pm
Syntax for the LED..
device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck ? on : off : deck 4 rightdeck ? on : off

but this LED will not work otherway, no beatlock or mastertempo sign.

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:22 pm
DJ Homeboy wrote :
pepesicatdizon wrote :
DJ Homeboy wrote :
For those of you with an RMX, Steel, VMS4 or any other 2 deck controller that would like to control 4 decks in VirtualDJ you will need to add some mapping to do so.

Now keep in mind that you can only control 2 decks at a time but using the code I will put below you can assign a button on your controller to swap from Deck 1 to 3 and from Deck 2 to 4.

I have used the button pitch bend + and - on the VMS4. But you can use any button you like.

Used for Deck 1 and 3

device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Used for Deck 2 and 4

device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select

Hello Neighbour,

I want to try your suggested command of flipping between decks, but everytime I rescan for new devices and clicking ok, my Xponent is not available anymore. Any idea why this is happening?

DJ Jodi

Have you installed a new custom mapper for it from the site? If so remove it from the devices folder and re-launch VirtualDJ. Is it recognized?

why is this not submitted to the site?? i had to dig to find this. alot easier to just install a custom mapper for the masses that will be asking...thanks

Posté Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 6:32 am
zentairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I use the following mappings to use left and right shiftbend to assign decks. The leds are ON for the leftdeck and rightdeck and BLINK when it is active:

PITCHBEND- device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select
PITCHBEND- device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select
LED_PITCHBEND- device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 pfl ? blink : on : off : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 pfl ? blink : on : off
LED_PITCHBEND+ device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 3 pfl ? blink : on : off : deck 4 rightdeck ? deck 4 pfl ? blink : on : off

Works fine, but I'm having a really weird issue. For deck 1 (left) and 2 (right) everything works fine, yet on deck 3(left) and 4(right) the jog wheel always behaves like it is in scratch mode. I have JOG mapped simply to "jogwheel", and use VDJ 7.0 pro Mac and a Hercules DJC MK4.

Posté Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 8:57 am
Hi, I had this issue too, i think it's a little bug or just something that doesn't behave like you'd think. It seems that the "vinyl mode" or "CD mode" in the settings page of vdj only gets applied to decks one and 2 or something like that.

What I did was just set a keyboard shortcut to "vinyl_mode 0", you'll only need to use it once then you can delete it. It only gets applied to the active deck so use the tab key to make each deck active then press the key to turn vinyl mode off.

Posté Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 2:54 pm

Posté Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 4:34 pm
@ reigar = check your comand input again ,you probably just missed a space between the letters for deck 3,an honest mistake....hope that helps..and yes..theres a bug with deck 3 & 4 switchin to cd mode from Vinyl (scratch) mode.though using the command "vinyl_mode 0" (and "vinyl_mode 1" to get scratch back on..) helps...they shoul fix this in the next version we hope...

Posté Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 7:27 pm
Would like to amend the browser mappings on the VMS4. I rarely load direct from the browser to a deck, but tend to go from browser to playlist to deck...

Currently the effect and sampler knobs are assigned to folders and files, and press to select/load.

I'm thinking that one knob could be used inconjunction with browser_window to allow complete access to the browser but pressing would load a file direct to deck.

The other knob to browse the content of the current window as selected by the above. Pressing this one would load the track to the playlist, but if you are in the playlist then it it would load it to the deck.

All seems possible, but have yet to venture in to nested/complicated scripts so some pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 6:17 pm
JpBoggis...your the Savior!..that was the code i wanted allright.Proper scratch button & pfl ,running smooth...thanks...did'nt have time to try till last nite....set my left & right buttons BACK to Browser mode (needed that) and I recomend this to everyone !! yeap!

Posté Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 8:35 pm
Could someone tell me how I can cycle between skin panels?

For example, make one button cycle between Player/Loops/Effects panels on Deck 1.

Posté Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 8:07 am
Actions (mapping) to cycle through the panels Player-Loop-Effects at the VirtualDJ 4Decks Skin

This action toggles between those panels for the selected deck

deck 1 select ? skin_panel 'deck1a' on ? skin_panel 'deck1b' on : skin_panel 'deck1b' on ? skin_panel 'deck1c' on : skin_panel 'deck1a' on : deck 2 select ? skin_panel 'deck2a' on ? skin_panel 'deck2b' on : skin_panel 'deck2b' on ? skin_panel 'deck2c' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on : deck 3 select ? skin_panel 'deck3a' on ? skin_panel 'deck3b' on : skin_panel 'deck3b' on ? skin_panel 'deck3c' on : skin_panel 'deck3a' on : deck 4 select ? skin_panel 'deck4a' on ? skin_panel 'deck4b' on : skin_panel 'deck4b' on ? skin_panel 'deck4c' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on

This one is for controlers, you assign to a button that has left and right side
one button to toggle deck 1 and deck 2
device_side left ? skin_panel 'deck1a' on ? skin_panel 'deck1b' on : skin_panel 'deck1b' on ? skin_panel 'deck1c' on : skin_panel 'deck1a' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on ? skin_panel 'deck2b' on : skin_panel 'deck2b' on ? skin_panel 'deck2c' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on

and one button to toggle panels on deck 3 and 4

decice_side left ? skin_panel 'deck3a' on ? skin_panel 'deck3b' on : skin_panel 'deck3b' on ? skin_panel 'deck3c' on : skin_panel 'deck3a' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on ? skin_panel 'deck4b' on : skin_panel 'deck4b' on ? skin_panel 'deck4c' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on

Posté Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 11:06 am
Ok I don't own one but would any of these codes work with the Numark Mixdeck?? I know the code to swap timecode control but you can trigger effects and such so I guess in theroy one of these codes would work, right??

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posté Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 7:50 am
Yes, they work for all the controllers

Posté Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:31 pm
djscottym wrote :
thought i'd add this for anyone wanting to map 4 decks to 2 cdj400's. i have it mapped to the eject button so that the left cdj swaps between decks 1&3 and the right cdj decks 2&4:

action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 1 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 1 & deck 2 rightdeck : action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 2 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 2 & deck 1 leftdeck

Thank you so much for this script!!!! works like a charm!!!

However I had uncheck "show midi devices" from the mapper options before it worked.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:19 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes, they work for all the controllers

Ok thanks bro!! Now I have 1 more question. Does the swap button have to be mapped to the controller or can I have a button on my keyboard. Hmmm...........let me try again, ok the button that I use to swap decks, does it have to be on the controller itself or can I use a button on my keyboard?? That way I wouldn't have to give up a button on the controller.......

Hope that makes sense, lol!
Huey

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 2:53 pm
For keyboard, you cant use device_side, so it has to be a liitle different.
To swap betwwen the lefts and the rights decks, you will need 2 buttons.

button for the left deck swap
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select

button for the right deck swap
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:11 pm
I had a APC-20... I think I had enough boutons and sliders to remap the whole control for new 4 decks on the new Virtual dj pro 7.... problem, is I want to specific each deck with their own comands problem is I had to clcik that manual, ir order to had each deck his own comands..... also i dont had a clue if i wrote this coman right.....

as I said want to used 4 decks with a APC-20... and a Hercules RMx.....

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 4:20 pm
PabloivanRv wrote :
I had a APC-20... I think I had enough boutons and sliders to remap the whole control for new 4 decks on the new Virtual dj pro 7.... problem, is I want to specific each deck with their own comands problem is I had to clcik that manual, ir order to had each deck his own comands..... also i dont had a clue if i wrote this coman right.....

as I said want to used 4 decks with a APC-20... and a Hercules RMx.....

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 4:26 pm
Did you post any photos ? they are not viewable.
What script ?

If you need to specify actions for decks, then simply add deck x before your commands.
deck 1 play
deck 2 hot_cue 1
etc

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 4:28 pm
39%