Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VMS4 with external mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,

wondering if anyone can help, does anyone know how to connect the VMS4 with VDJ to an external mixer, I am due to play my first gig this weekend & will have to connect it to the mixer in the club.

any help is most appreciated.

Cheers
G

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 9:26 am
Just run xlr balanced from the VMS4 output to the line in on the club mixer.

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 9:57 am
Hi,

the problem is i just want to use the VMS4 as a medi controller & use the external mixer as the mixer, as when i turn up I will be going on after another dj.

Cheers

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:47 pm
You will need an external multichannel sound card to do that (I'm guessing you don't want to use the mixer capabilities in the VMS4)

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just use the RCA Master Outs into a channel on the external mixer and use the VMS4.

You will not be able to do what you are describing. Remember the VMS4's mixer is just that a mixer - don't over complicate yourself and try to do something that the unit is not intended to be used as.

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 1:04 pm
Hi Guys... thanks for help, much appreciated !!

Posté Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 5:30 am
Yeah was gonna say, if you can do that on the RMX surley you can on the VMS4.

Often wondered how the internal analoge part would be bypassed, surley thay have an output so that you can do this?

If you were going to bypass the clubs mixer then you would disconnect the XLR's from the back of the clubs mixer and plug them directly into the back of the VMS4.

Just shows doesn't it really when someone just wants to use it as a midi controller and then use another mixer for mixing, shows what people think of theses toys i mean.

Posté Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 6:04 am
@stirry76...What you're trying to do is possible based on what mixer is available at the club. You can always use the American Audio VMS4 as the controller and the external mixer ONLY if you use an audio interface like Native Instruments Audio 4 or Audio 8. However you will have to connect the VMS4 to the computer not the mixer for midi control and route the audio interface outputs to the external mixer. The audio interface should be connected to the computer as well. To rephrase what cstoll brought up as a comment why using a separate sound card when the VMS4 provide you with a 8in 8out audio interface.They call it all-in-one hardware for a reason. I test-drive the setup I just advised you using a pair of Numark V7 along with Audio 8.

Posté Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 5:01 pm
cstoll wrote :
Just use the RCA Master Outs into a channel on the external mixer and use the VMS4.

You will not be able to do what you are describing. Remember the VMS4's mixer is just that a mixer - don't over complicate yourself and try to do something that the unit is not intended to be used as.

what i was gonna say

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 5:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)