Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Using Netsearch at a gig.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This past Friday as I was setting up my equipment at a gig, I dropped my 1.5TB hard drive on the ground. It was pretty much dead after that, and I for some reason didn't bring my backup drive with me. The only other option was to use Netsearch with Wifi through my phone (HTC EVO), because the venue didn't have Wifi. I have to report that I was able to keep the music going with high quality files (192 or better) all night long! VDJ Pro 7 didn't stumble at all for over four hours. I know many guys say you can't do a gig using Netsearch, I can say with confidence that you can. I was able to pull up over 90% of the Billboard Top 100 and all of the old school that I needed. I have Serato and I run VDJ through a Serato SL1 box, but there is no way that I could have done that gig using Serato. Thanks you guys for giving us a great tool to bring music to the masses. You guys passed my crises test with flying colors!

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 1:55 pm
Glad it worked out for you. I too have used Netsearch live before, just did not have to do a whole party with it. What happens if you are using Serato, and drop your SLI interface? Glad I use VDJ and have an extra Gigaport sound card, the 6.1 sound card on the desktop, 5 internal hard drives, 2 spare external hard drives, and a laptop as a backup. I also have Netsearch, and still have Rhapsody that I pay $14.99 a month for.

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 10:09 pm
I have CDJ1000's and I usually have cd's with me. It was a last minute gig and I rushed out without the cd's that would work on this gig for the whole night. In my many years of djing, I've never had this problem before. I'm very thankful for the software that worked when I needed it to.

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:30 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Man I would have died if that happened to me... Only backup I carry is 2 small thumb drives which probably have 50 songs on each.

I think I'll look into the netsearch thing, sounds like a real life saver.

Posté Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 1:50 am
That's such a good feed back that I will subscribe when I'm able to afford an mobile Ethernet card so I don't have to worry about wifi. I can do it with the iPhone but they charge out the ying yang for tethering not unless you have a jailbroken phone with
A cracked app, and I'm not trying jailbreak the I4. It's fine as it is for me. But vdj just sold a new customer on the net search.

Posté Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 5:47 am
One other thing. When I played the files, I played them on the fly. I didn't have enough time to download each song into cache, which is the best and probably the safest. In some cases I had to start a song before it finished downloading. Yes I was a little nervous, but by the end of the night I started getting pretty comfortable with it. If your not using Netsearch, you should. It's the best $9 bucks a month that I've spent on Djing.

Posté Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 11:14 am
I got a new mobile internet usb stick the other week, used it live with netsearch for the first time the weekend before last. Very good so far!

I used it to drop youtube videos over audio files to add a visual element when I didn't have the proper video.

Posté Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 1:28 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
I used it to drop youtube videos over audio files to add a visual element when I didn't have the proper video.

Try using the sonique plugin with video cube, that works great too.

Posté Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 1:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)