Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Hercules RMX vs OMNI vs ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Setting up my brother with another rig and he is used to controllers. What do you think is better, Numark Omni or Hercules RMX - they are similar price here. Is there anything else in this price range with a sound card builtin that I should be considering?

Posté Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 3:17 am
You may want to take a look at this. This is an upgrade to the RMX. Since ver 7 is capable of 4 plus decks, you might as well have a controller that can utilize them.

Posté Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 9:49 am
The Numark MixTrack Pro is a great little controller. Very repsonsive and only $250.

Posté Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 10:38 am
i have the rmx and am very happy with it...

Posté Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 5:09 am
uuuuuhhhhhh how do i say this ??

AMaHM is right and wrong; the confusion could be due to a recent lapdance......

the mx 4 is an upgrade and out of the box is good to go w/ 4 decks

what's wrong is it implies that the RMX can't do 4 decks .... it can

i use it with the default 4 deck skin (by Norway)

you can map the source button to toggle decks A/C B/D

with the mx 4 it's already set up ........

also i'm not sure but i believe the jogwheels are bigger

my opinion is that the RMX is better than the Omni , one reason being the 6 assignable buttons

i use them to toggle the mixer pannel, video pannel , browser tab, sampler tab , fx tab , leaving one unused

the one unused button i would like to invoke the "load on deck (1,2,3,4)" if that is possible, haven't done it yet

Posté Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 10:13 am
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can testify the RMX is a good piece of kit. If you get this controller though be sure you get a road case if you plan on taking it gigging. I started with a hercules RMX @ housparties, bought some cheap turntables and started mixing. The cool thing about rmx is it has a soundcard so you can connect your CD decks or TT's right to it. For a very portible and inexpensive rig in my opinion this is a good choice. I would also consider the VMS4

Posté Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 4:52 pm
Thanks all for your help. Did decide on a rmx (mostly because it has inputs) but when I hit the buynow they said it could be two weeks. So decided to use the mixtrack I already had and just about to pick up a cheap maya44 to get him going. Then I will get an mx-4 when they are released - this sounds like a nice piece of kit.

Posté Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 7:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)