Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet iPad - a touchpad, wireless midi controller for VDJ?!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
In its next iPad update, IOS 4.2- now available to developers and ready for public any day now, Apple will officially support midi input and output to the iPad. When I read that, one thing instantly flashed in my brain... can I expect to soon be able to control VDJ from an iPad midi controller app?

Apparently, both USB and WIFI connections will allow midi transmission, although WIFI presumably will have a higher latency and shorter battery life. A USB connection should also support charging while plugged in. Let me tell you all, I am super stoked for an app that turns an iPad into a full touchscreen controller for VDJ. And, with the built-in accelerometer, tilting and twisting the iPad can be programmed to induce commands like flanger effects or sample triggers. The possibilities are endless. This would finally give me a good reason to buy an iPad lol.

So.... any plans from Atomix for an iPad app in the future?? Is the platform fast enough to even run an app like this? :P

UPDATE: To run a USB connection with the iPad, apparently you must purchase and use the camera adapter which does NOT support charging for some unbelievable reason. Sounds like the iPad would run out of juice fast.

Posté Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 10:08 am
An app os already in progress and has been submitted to Apple for approval. Further to this you can also control VDJ fron an ipad with VNC perfectly. Search the forum, there's a lot of discussion already posted.

Posté Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 10:26 am
PS The battery life remote controlling through wifi is excellent. ... more than 6 hours anyway.

Posté Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 10:27 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
wow, great news. I will do a search. Will the new release of iOS supporting midi make a difference in how we use an iPad to control VDJ?

Posté Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)