Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Midi Output and Deck Specific Midi Learn

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'd like to have the ability to select midi-in / midi-out ports as well as when learning the midi control on a specific deck, the resulting command is deck specific as opposed to being generic like instead of "play" it would be "deck 1 play" or whatever.

Also, just an idea, having some sort of built-in mapping help would be cool, I'm always going to the verb list or getting confused when trying to map complex verbs using vars and such

Posté Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:23 pm
You can already do the "deck specific" commands. Like deck 1 cue_delete or deck 4 key_lock. Just add what deck you want in front of the command. As far as the midi in midi out I don't know about that stuff.

Huey

Posté Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:32 pm
You can already do this by making a proper definition file for your MIDI controller: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

In a definition file you can specify the MIDI channel and the deck number, e.g:

<button note="0x43" name="PLAY" deck="1" channel="0"/>
<button note="0x43" name="PLAY" deck="2" channel="1"/>

This allows you to map PLAY just once to the action play_pause and it will automatically apply to the correct deck. It will also take re-assignment to other deck numbers (E.g: 3 & 4) into account automatically.

With Simple MIDI Wrapper, you would have to map each PLAY button separately and add deck 1 or deck 2 (Or deck left / deck right for compatibility with more than 2 decks) in front of the action for it to apply to the correct deck.

Posté Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 1:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)