Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Drag and drop sampler

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The sampler has by and large remained the same through the many updates that VDJ has gone through. I think a nifty little feature that could be included would be the ability to just drag and drop tracks onto the sampler instead of having to click on Load and then browse through folders to locate the sample track you want. It currently takes about a good 30s at least to get a sample loaded. This is precious time lost. Sometimes I need a sample real quick.

Posté Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 12:54 am
Great idea!! +1

Huey

Posté Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 5:20 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1 here!

Posté Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 9:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Also, to have the sampler play when VDJ is not the predominant window. Often, when I am recording my podcast, VDJ is behind another window. Switching between VDJ and the "main" window ruins the flow....

Posté Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 9:45 pm
Use a MIDI controller with buttons mapped to sampler 1 play_stop, sampler 2 play_stop, etc.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 11:46 am
yeah i think just have the samples you want loaded before you play if you don't have the sample loaded click load then select it, its about 3 seconds longer than having a folder to drag and drop from.

I have "sampler play" "sampler stop" and "sampler select" etc mapped to buttons so if the sample isn't in the slot i want i just click select and scroll through.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 1:55 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
jpboggis wrote :
Use a MIDI controller with buttons mapped to sampler 1 play_stop, sampler 2 play_stop, etc.

That would take up to many buttons, why not "One" button to toggle what ever is active, after all for the most part you're only using one at a time..

Joey...

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 9:05 am
While I agree this is a great idea how and where are you going to drag the samples??? Say I had a phrase that I wanted to loop, ok I grab the sample now how do I drag it to the sampler?? Remember we have to switch screens to see the sampler............so I was thinking maybe we could have it work like Windows does. Grab your sample then hold it over the sampler tab and boom the sample bank appears. It would be fine for me if it worked like that. I thought maybe we could have it up front like some other program but then people would complain about how it takes away from the browser. So................what do you guys think???

Thoughts anyone
Huey

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 10:21 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
That would take up to many buttons, why not "One" button to toggle what ever is active, after all for the most part you're only using one at a time..

Just remapped the RMX to do exactly that...

Roy

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 4:36 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

Just remapped the RMX to do exactly that...

Roy

Hey GadgetMan

Can you share what you did to accomplish this, I have a Hercules Mk2 i'm working with now...

Thanks,

Joey...

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 6:12 pm
Sure...

First thing I needed was a shift. So I set the SCRATCH button as a shift with the following script: toggle $shift

The remapped the JOG: var $shift ? adjust_cbg : jogwheel

No when the SCRATCH button is lit you can adjust the CBG otherwise it will act normally...

Hope this helps,

Roy

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 6:35 pm
Thinks, I'll Try it out...

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 6:55 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
While I agree this is a great idea how and where are you going to drag the samples??? Say I had a phrase that I wanted to loop, ok I grab the sample now how do I drag it to the sampler?? Remember we have to switch screens to see the sampler............so I was thinking maybe we could have it work like Windows does. Grab your sample then hold it over the sampler tab and boom the sample bank appears. It would be fine for me if it worked like that. I thought maybe we could have it up front like some other program but then people would complain about how it takes away from the browser. So................what do you guys think???

Thoughts anyone
Huey

How about highlighting the file within the browser, right-clicking and selecting "load to sample slot no. x" or something similar? Or perhaps some kind of VDJ script that would allow a keyboard shortcut, for example ALT+F4 loads the highlighted track in the browser into sample slot 4...

Posté Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 12:09 pm
@DJSHERZ,
That would work aswell, seems we can already do it when it comes to loading decks!! +1 on this idea!!

Huey

Posté Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 12:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)