Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Not Happy with Video Framerate with VDJ 6/7

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just wanted to point out that I love Virtual DJ but tried Video for the first time a few weeks ago but found that I wasn't happy the framerate of the output to my projector. The video is always a bit jerky. Not totally smooth. It's not real bad it is noticeable enough to make me annoyed. I even had one person from a show come up and comment that they thought the video setup was cool but could see the slight stuttering int he video. This happens no matter what type of video file I play. I also know that it is not the videos or not my computer because if I play the same videos with VLC Media Player the output to my projector is totally smooth with no stuttering at all. I then load up VDJ and play the same video files and they show slight stuttering.

Does anyone else see this on there setup? My notebook is fairly recent so hoping maybe it's just a driver compatibility problem with VDJ and my video drivers or something. My notebook is an HP HDX 18 which has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 18.4" full 1080p Screen, 4GB of Ram, and the built in video card is an Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT with HDMI. My projector is hooked up via HDMI output. My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit. As you can see my laptop if fairly powerful so for sure that is not the problem. I am running the latest VDJ 7 release. I was previously running v6 and had the same problem and was hoping when I upgraded to 7 it would fix the problem, but it's still the same. Also wanted to mention that I do have the hardware acceleration option turned on in VDJ as well.

Hopefully someone can comment if you have any ideas to fix this problem or if you have seen the same issue?

Thanks.

Posté Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 6:20 pm
famol99PRO InfinityMember since 2004
make sure your laptop is set to maximum performance on the power settings..if not i beleive i saw on the recomended specs that u need a dual core 3ghz for vdj i have 2 ghz dual so it works fine unless i play HD then i have a jerky video so for now i dont mix hd..i have used 7 for a week.. before that i was on 5 which seemed to play a bit better

Posté Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 4:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The registry tool will allow you to change the framerate (FPS) of the video output.

Posté Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 6:13 pm
I have the exact same issue. I use windows 7 Ultimate x64. My video card is NVIDIA GT8700m. Latest drivers, directx, hardware acceleration on. I even tried the fps setting with the registry tool and changed it to 30fps. I still have the same jitter as you have described. I believe this is a video decoder issue within VDJ and needs to be addressed.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 6:08 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
It might be something with the way the videos are encoded. I do have frame rate issues with VDJ on some videos, but a very small percentage. The reset look great, no frame rate dropping at all. If lets say you have encoded all the videos yourself with the same codec, I can see that being an issue. Are the videos all the same codec or different types, like mine- mpg (1/2), mp4, avi(divx) and avi(xvid)?

If not its an issue with the hardware(video card) or Operating System.

thanks,
David

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 11:59 am
Xvid and .h264. They play perfectly from other software. VDJ produces a jitter.

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 2:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)