Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Mic talk over

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Now that the NS7 as the mic abilities, I was hoping for an easy way to attinuate the volume when the Aux input is selected. I was trying to map it to another switch on the NS7 like this:

down ? deck 1 volume 20% & deck 2 volume 20% & deck 3 volume 20% & deck 4 volume 20% : deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 3 volume 100% & deck 4 volume 100%

Currently that works with the space bar on my keyboard (Mutes all 4 decks to 20% and resumes all 4 at 100% volume). I don't have a spot for the keyboard. So when I map it to the "METER_MODE" switch on the NS7, it mutes all 4 decks to 20% volume. When I slide that switch back, it only moves deck 1&2 back to 100% volume while decks 3&4 stay at 20%.

Just seems like there could be an easier way. Maybe even a soft volume resume? Thanks

Posté Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 7:13 pm
Heres my way and you can use the decks effects on your voice,

"master_volume 50% while_pressed & deck 4 linein mic on & down ? deck 4 linein mic on : deck 4 linein mic off"

Let me know what you think............

Huey

Posté Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 7:36 pm
You inadvertantly solved my issue. First, I was not able to get the the effects on the mic like you spoke about (tried flanger). Second, now I have to throw both switches for the mic to work and loose a deck. Does that sound right? I really have not needed the extra 2 decks yet but I am still working on making this as seemless as possible.

So, my take on what you had:

up ? master_volume 10% : master_volume 50%

Does what I wanted instead of calling out each deck. I thought if you changed mater volume, it would lower the mic and the music like it does when I manually turn the master volume knob. For some reason, the mic stays loud and only the music drops. Which is eactly what I wanted in the first place. So with this I am set and it behaves like I want.

Thanks for the help, I liked where you were going with that script, but I am not sure I will ever use the effects on the mic. Not to mention I am not a real chatty DJ ;) May God help us all if I sing!

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 11:26 am
Throwing 2 switches doesn't seem right. As far as loosing a deck you could just use a skin like DJDAD's or DJTOUCHDAN's where you can switch to a 2 deck format. Then the other 2 decks would be hidden, per say. But either way glad it help. Im in the same boat as far as mic use goes, lmao!! It was more of coming up with it as a feature for my skin and give my kids something to do. They love it, lol!

Huey

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 12:09 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Throwing 2 switches doesn't seem right.

Ah, I may have missed something. The first switch is the mic/aux switch. I put your script on the Meter Mode switch (between the LED VUs) my sedcond switch. Are you saying that with your script, you don't need the mic/aux switch? That would be cool as I still have 2 switches to throw with my current script.

So maybe a new suggestion. Can we add scripts to the mic/aux switch? I didn't see any way to add to what it does. But I would think with the endless possibilities in VDJ, there has to be something I missed. I was really hoping to make a talk over switch so that when the mic is selected, the music goes down or not depending on the position of the talk over switch. Just an idea.

Either way, thanks again Huey.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 2:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)