Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Denon DJ wrote :
Caliente123 wrote :
One question i have. Whats up with all the se super compact Controllers ? Not everyone wants to go small. If denon can make a controller the size of the NS7, That would be Hot. The NS7 is still the hottest selling controller.

Small and light weight is IN
Big and heavy is OUT.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I think you should listen to your customers!!

I too don\'t want a really small unit, it doesn\'t have to have spinning platters or anything like that! just bigger! and more spread out.

Also those cheap quarter inch jacks you use, stop it and use metal one please.

Doesn\'t have to be like NS7 just bigger as shown below.

Posté Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 6:03 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Charlie Wilson wrote :
I think you should listen to your customers!!

We do, in the other thread I said:

Denon DJ wrote :
There will always be a mix of people with different needs, features and size requirements.
Its up to us to build a rounded line-up of gear to address these needs as there is no one perfect product for all.

Although the SC2000 is designed to be small, compact, portable and rock solid, tons of people are looking for just that.

Quote :
Also those cheap quarter inch jacks you use, stop it and use metal one please.

Most of them are metal.

Posté Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 9:32 am

Posté Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 2:05 pm
Use these inputs in future, I will pay the additional £2.

Also this power input

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 5:55 am
D'DoctaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Tanx Charlie Wilson, I would even pay $25.-- more for the metal 1/4" inputs/outputs or even better all XLR's and especially for the build in power supply instead of these annoying AC-cord or AC-plug power supplies....!!!

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 9:34 pm
I know lol,

When I said i would pay the extra £2, I meant that's probably what little extra it would cost, wouldn't mind paying a little more too.

A combanation of XLR's and jack's is nice to have over all XLR so that you have options.

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 5:08 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I would reserve judgments until they are in use.
A lot of work and input went into development.

Personally, the size/feature ratio is spot on for mobile guys like me.
The A&H unit would NEVER be a consideration for what I do and the jogwheels are nearly the same size.
Now the DAC2 had small jogs and was a 2u but also was one beloved controller in its time.

As for power supplies, they add weight and heat to the unit and based on other Denon products not overly huge.

Outputs? Well, personally I'd prefer the xlr's that are not always a standard on these devices, that standard belongs to rca's usually.
Not a big fan of 1/4" jacks because they tend to get dirty and noisy over time and the wire weight/leverage is not a great thing to have on any kind of jack.

I expect this to be a very popular device and soon.

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 6:18 am
My supplier tells me Denon UK are shipping out today. Not long to go now :)

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 4:48 am
Just got an update, they are getting the firmware updated in Germany today and will ship to arrive in the UK at the start of next week.

Keith

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 11:07 am
kradcliffe wrote :
they are getting the firmware updated in Germany today

?
Keith, I dont think so....
They just left the factory days ago...

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 5:01 pm
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so no mention if the 6000 will control the Denon BU4500? I have the HC4500 now and still like to keep my "crutch" handy with the cd players just in case of computer woes,,,,,(which have been -0- in the last 8 months by the way), or in case someone walks up with a cd to spin...

So any feedback? Does the 6000 support the plug and control of the cd drives?

Posté Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 8:15 pm
No, this unit does not support CD base units as it has no display. The info about the shipping from Germany was direct from my supplier and they are normally accurate.

Keith

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:00 am
The MC6000 is a real hardware DJ audio mixer though, so you can connect external devices such as CD players, iPod, etc. for use in an emergency in the same way you would for any other standard DJ audio mixer.

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 12:29 pm
Yeah thats what I thought, just wire it in line, of course it wont work with just the CD deck and not the head unit.

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 1:35 pm
jpboggis wrote :
The MC6000 is a real hardware DJ audio mixer though, so you can connect external devices such as CD players, iPod, etc. for use in an emergency in the same way you would for any other standard DJ audio mixer.

Ok that just changed the game for me!! Nice!! I was under the impression it midi only..........well looks like im gonna make the leap into the land of controllers and tiny jogs, lmao!! 1 more thing before I commite to buy, "Does this have a hard case yet?" If so can someone post a link, thanks.
Huey

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 1:46 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
..........well looks like im gonna make the leap into the land of controllers and tiny jogs, lmao!!

Nice move, congrats !

Quote :
1 more thing before I commite to buy, "Does this have a hard case yet?" If so can someone post a link, thanks.

In the states, Odysseygear.com does have a case built for it, but they did not post it up yet. :(

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 2:20 pm
NEWS UPDATE!!

In the states (USA) we started shipping them to dealers yesterday, just in time for Xmas arrival to you!

Call your dealer and reserve it if you want one.
We are sold out and the next batch arrives 3rd-4th week of Jan if you don’t grab one now.

Sorry, I don’t have this type of info for other regions.

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 2:26 pm
I agree Big is out and Small is in when it comes to mobile. I like to get in and out as fast as possible. The only person that cares about your equipment is another DJ most people don't give a damn how big or small the equipment is just play the right song. to me technology is making things easy so I'm loving it. Down with big long live small.

Posté Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:03 pm
Any videos of this thing in use other then Denons ad?

Huey

Posté Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:32 pm
Hey Huey,

Have a look on youtube, there's one really good review with VDJ on there.

Should arrive tomorrow (weather permitting) but the snow is seriously bad here. It's been a long enough wait anyway .......

I've got gigs on Thursday & Friday night so it would be fantastic to have it up and running before then.

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 1:39 pm
5%