Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Easier CBG grid adjustment - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Shift + Jogwheel to move the beat markers to align properly with the CBG grid. I found this feature on Torq software and it's the only feature that I really liked, easy & fast, no need to open any menu.

I just switch from PC to Mac and I can't even use the CBG adjustment option in Mac, that I could in PC.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 2:00 pm
Simply change the jogwheel mapping as follows:

var 'shift' ? adjust_cbg : jogwheel

...Or for a touch sensitive jogwheel:

var 'shift' ? hold off & adjust_cbg : touchwheel

(Assuming that your controller has a SHIFT button mapped - Otherwise map a button you wish to use to the following: set 'shift' 1 while_pressed )

For basic mapping instructions, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4149/VDJscript_Mapping.html

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 4:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is doable with the curent VDJ Script

Use a button to toggle a shift (if not already present)
toggle "shift"

then map you jogwheel as

var "shift" ? param_greater 0% ? param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg -1% : jogwheel

You may have to adjust the Jog sensitivity (config-options) or the above percentages to get a more accurate adjustment.

Posté Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 4:07 pm
Thanks for the tip, fellas! I will try to do this mapping ASAP.

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 1:28 pm
Mapping works a dream... Wish I'd found this sooner. Just added it to my custom RMX mapper...

Superb ;-)

Roy

Posté Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 4:39 pm
Thank you jpboggis and DJDAD for the mapping info ..... I used this information for my advanced mapping for the Numark Mixtrack

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 6:51 pm
djdad wrote :
This is doable with the curent VDJ Script

Use a button to toggle a shift (if not already present)
toggle "shift"

then map you jogwheel as

var "shift" ? param_greater 0% ? param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg -1% : jogwheel

You may have to adjust the Jog sensitivity (config-options) or the above percentages to get a more accurate adjustment.

Can this be assigned to one specific deck?

Note: I used the same script on my X1 as an HID device with Simple Midi Wrapper but both decks (left & right) move... and only going to the right direction.

Thanks

Posté Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 10:55 pm
just change "param_greater 0%" to "param_greater 50%" for any encoder that is not properly defined

var "shift" ? param_greater 50% ? param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg -1% : jogwheel

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 12:34 am
How can I make the cbg move for deck 1 only on the script below?
(It moves the cbg on both left & right deck)

var "shift" ? param_greater 50% ? param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg -1% : param_greater 50% ? deck 1 jogwheel +5.0% : deck 1 jogwheel -5.0%

Thanks

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 4:47 pm
var "shift" ? param_greater 50% ? param_multiply 0,01% & deck 1 adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & deck 1 adjust_cbg -1% : param_greater 50% ? deck 1 jogwheel +5.0% : deck 1 jogwheel -5.0%

Posté Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 8:44 pm
Thanks a lot, Synth!

Two more for encoder knob mappings please...

1. For LOOPS:

param_greater 50% ? deck 1 loop_half : deck 1 loop_double (doesn't work for me)

2. For LOOP_MOVE:

I have no idea about this one.

Posté Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 7:35 pm
no worries mate,

loop_half & loop_double sometimes doesn't work for me, so I just use the percentage values, It also means you can go lower than 1/8 and higher than 32 beats.

param_greater 50% ? loop 200% : loop 50%

then for loop move you can move it a specific amount by typing how many beats you want it to move eg "loop_move +4" to move forward 4 beats, you can also use Milliseconds but it is impractical.

If you want to get fancy I make the loop move based on the loop size selected when the track is looping or the playhead to move the selected size when not looping

loop ? param_greater 50% ? loop_move +100% : loop_move -100% : param_greater 50% ? loop_select 64 ? goto +64 : loop_select 32 ? goto +32 : loop_select 16 ? goto +16 : loop_select 8 ? goto +8 : loop_select 4 ? goto +4 : loop_select 2 ? goto +2 : loop_select 1 ? goto +1 : goto +4 : loop_select 64 ? goto -64 : loop_select 32 ? goto -32 : loop_select 16 ? goto -16 : loop_select 8 ? goto -8 : loop_select 4 ? goto -4 : loop_select 2 ? goto -2 : loop_select 1 ? goto -1 : goto -4

Posté Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 7:54 pm
I discovered earlier in the month that the new Denon Engine software uses a 'raw mode' for its beatpoint analysis, meaning that the detected hit points in the grid are not fixed in time, but aligned to the actual peak in the waveform, even if the tempo is not steady.

So for example, on a 120bpm track, the spacing of the the grid markers in VDJ would be one every 0.5s - always, regardless of whether the track drifted down to 119bpm or up to 121bpm.

The new Denon method places the markers where the beat is (on the waveform), not at a set time/distance away from the previous marker.

Any chance of Atomix using this method?

Posté Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 8:53 am
Isn't that just "quanitizing" (think that's how it's spelled) that track or basically a floating beat grid, for lack of a better term....... or maybe like warping

Posté Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 10:55 am
param_greater 50% ? loop 200% : loop 50%

Is it possible to modify this one so it would work either when the loop is on or off.

It only works while the loop is on.

Thanks

Posté Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 11:51 pm
loop ? param_greater 50% ? loop 200% : loop 50% : param_greater 50% ? loop_select +1 : loop_select -1

Posté Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 11:58 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Isn't that just quantizing that track

or maybe like warping

No, because the track itself doesn't change. The beat markers move (individually), not the track.

With warping, the track is fluid. With this new Denon method, the track BPM (if it's unstable) stays that way, the markers are positioned over the actual beats, not at a fixed spacing like the VDJ method.

I'd prefer warping - who wouldn't - but as an alternative this is better than having markers that always have fixed spacing.

Posté Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 7:27 am
synthet1c wrote :
loop ? param_greater 50% ? loop 200% : loop 50% : param_greater 50% ? loop_select +1 : loop_select -1

Thanks again, Synth! You are my "mapping guardian angel."

Posté Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 1:48 pm
Hi.. I am trying to get this into my DN-MC6000 and can't figure it out.

I am using the "Master Volume 1.5" mapper with pro skin.

Thanks. Lyle

Posté Sat 09 Nov 13 @ 3:55 pm
Just lifted this straight out of my MC-6000 mapper.

Using this script mapped to JOG, the jog wheel will work as normal, but when you hold the shift key and turn the jog wheel, the CBG will update beneath the waveform.

var '$shift' ? adjust_cbg : touchwheel

Exactly the same as posted above ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sun 10 Nov 13 @ 3:43 pm
91%