Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Effects for 4 decks.............

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Peep the Picture................

Sure you can do it from the deck but you have to select it first then click on it, blah, blah, blah, lol!
Not even sure if it can be done......................is it up to the plugin creator??
Hopefully it makes sense.
Huey

Posté Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 11:33 pm
Really no one else?? Thats weird.............

Huey

Posté Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 10:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Huey it makes sense, but what about 6 decks?, what about 12 decks?
Most of the users (if not all), use keyboard shortcuts, controler buttons or skins to trigger effects, so i dont see the need of those buttons.

Posté Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:11 am
Then let's do all 99, lol!! Wow could you imagine that ....................well I can see your point I don't agree with it. Say im in the mix and I already have effects window open while deck 1&4 are playing, im moving the sliders around for deck when I realize I wanna add some flang to deck 4...........so now I have to move up to the deck click on the tab, select the effect, then click to activate it and then go back to the effects window, find the effect so I can move the sliders for that effect.............wow that's a lot of steps when it could of been a click away. I know you said people have it mapped out to a controller or keyboard but there are people who don't use them. Now back to the debate as to how many buttons should be there, well that should be skin sensitive. Meaning if I choose a 2 deck skin then only 2 buttons show or if I choose a 6 deck skin then 6 will show. Im not a tech guru by any means but if you can make sliders appear and disappear with code on your skins then this should be easy to do.............

Your turn, lol. No really your turn
Huey ;-)

Posté Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
but you have to agree that this is more a skin layout issue rather than default changes. I mean, you can use a skiin that has multiple effects trigger buttons as long as FX parametrs.

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 7:20 am
I still don't agree. What about the guys who can't download skins?? The ones that haven't went pro yet? There just stuck using the default skin which only has 1 effect slot and if you wanted to use an effect say on deck 6 you'd have to move to one of the main, and go through the whole process of finding then clicking then clicking again. And yes I know there is a default 4 deck skin but not everyone wants to use it. When really I should just be able to hit the effects tab scroll down and hit the deck 4 button to fire the effect............. To me it seems like your under the assumption that everybody either uses a skin with alot of effects tabs or knows how to edit there skin or maps everything out to a midi controller or keyboard, im sorry but this is not always the case.

There should be a button there for every deck the skin has. Like I said before, if YOU can make knobs appear and disappear then the same should be possible in that section aswell. Or give the skinners the ability to add buttons there not just change the look of the ICON.

Ok your turn, this is turning out to be a nice little debate, lol!

Looking forward to your response
Huey

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Huey -

You can't have it both ways. First you blast a NLU in another forum for wanting FREE skins. Now you turn into an advocate for the NLUs to get access to ALL the PRO features in that application.

So which is it - NLUs get everything or NLUs learn that with a purchase they get PRO features? Either way pick a direction and stick with it.

As to the original topic - you will most likely see the 'activation' in the Effects panel disappearing in a future version anyhow. With the multiple activation on a single deck and/or multi-deck access to individual effects - the Effects section is no longer practical as a location for activating sound effects.

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 2:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
cstoll wrote :
the Effects section is no longer practical as a location for activating sound effects.

I personally agree with this too - it has the potential to become to cluttered, clunky and unfriendly if you start giving status and activation options for every deck. Far better for it to just be in the skin IMHO, which then eliminates confusion.

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 3:55 pm
Chris -

I didnt blast that dude and I made no mention of skins to him either, I simply said he made his point and its time to move along now.............kinda like you have done here.................after youve blasted me yet again.

Good day Scott, Bob..........

Were done here
Huey

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 5:07 pm
nobody's right and nobody's wrong.i think as scott sayd,it can get to be cluttered and the nlu? well ,they're getting enough allready (enough to make a the choice,buy or dont buy) and as for how many efxs in how many decks..when you put this in to practice my man you wont be able to handle it,no matter of how many controllers,midi mappers blah,blah..even if you grew ten arms and an additional Brain Lmfao!! BUT i think at this point 4 Decks should be the basic standard for all setups,plugins whatever if we are to even concider a multi-deck setup...yeap...no need to get mad huey...what was my old slogan when i first came to this forum?..."Are we mixing yet?"...or are we waiting for 10,000 plugins & decks Lmfao?

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 8:34 pm
As for your comment Cstoll
Quote :
As to the original topic - you will most likely see the 'activation' in the Effects panel disappearing in a future version anyhow. With the multiple activation on a single deck and/or multi-deck access to individual effects - the Effects section is no longer practical as a location for activating sound effects.

???? what? they're gonna get rid of the plugins control on the browser? and cram them all up there? i do'nt get it...I think it's fine the way it is...but

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 9:44 pm
No, he's talking about the "Activate on deck 1" type buttons I believe. No need for "Activate on deck 99" in more than one place.

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 9:52 pm
Really I just wanted the boxes that are next to the effect name but now I'm kickin a dead horse, lmfao!!

Lets just lock this thread as the gods or god should i say have already spoken...........
Huey

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:21 pm
So if someone has 4 decks and say 12 decks as sampler, you'd like to see 16 boxes across there? Or would you only limit it to four - because that's all use.

Any solution that is put in place would have to be suitable up to the full 99 otherwise it would still be limited and bad GUI design.

There's a place where that capability already exists - on the skin ;)

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:24 pm
Like I said it would be skin sensitive, meaning if I picked a 6 deck skin then 6 boxes (a box for each deck, not the big box either just the little ones next to the effect name) or if I picked the classic 2 deck well it wouldnt change it would only show 2 like before we got all these decks. Besides in order to use all those decks doesnt it have to be in the XML anyways??

We got our answer already though, lol!!
Huey

Posté Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:28 pm
@ scott...gotcha...but they should concentrate on making this program work properly with what its got.I've noticed after the new update the Bug (deck clugs and glitches when previous deck's effect is left activated and song ends or stopped) is still bugged! Horrible! can they fix this,Please?

Posté Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 9:04 pm
...and I assume you're reported it to someone? I've not experienced that myself.

Posté Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 4:49 am
I assumed they knew....I'll report it then....

Posté Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 5:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)