Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Ability to Save Loop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everybody,

I have a wish for a new feature. Currently it is easy to save up to 10 cue points no problem, but I was wondering why VDJ hasn't added the feature to save loops that all you have to do is turn the loop "on" somewhere during the desired loop (as in you preset the start and end of the loop and if you miss your exact point it doesn't matter) like in serato. I understand that with the smart loops this isn't entirely necessary, but I think it may be a nice little back up feature in case you miss that all important loop entry point.

Cheers,

DJ Alpaca

Posté Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 10:08 pm
i agree ... new feature save loops...

Posté Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 4:28 pm
you can already do that in vdj script... This script works really well as it uses the same button to start the hot loop and exit the loop when pressed again... This is the code you will need

deck (#) loop ? deck (#) loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue (#) & deck (#) loop (#)

eg. deck 1 loop ? deck 1 loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue 10 & deck 1 loop 4

and if you have an endless rotary encoder or set up a couple of buttons you can change the loop length once the loop has started, but remember if you wanted to delete the hot loop you would have to set up a button... I got really fancy and made it so you would press it once to set or activate the hot cue and the loop, press it twice to end the loop, and hold it for a second to delete the hot cue... all the same button! Can serato do that? LOL

for the button:

holding 1000ms ? deck 1 delete_cue 10 : deck 1 loop ? deck 1 loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue 10 & deck 1 loop 4

for an endless encoder if you want to have one knob for each deck just put deck # in front of the loop:

param_greater 0 ? loop_double : loop_half

enjoy

Posté Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 5:52 pm
vjapuPRO InfinityMember since 2010
synthet1c wrote :
you can already do that in vdj script... This script works really well as it uses the same button to start the hot loop and exit the loop when pressed again... This is the code you will need

deck (#) loop ? deck (#) loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue (#) & deck (#) loop (#)

eg. deck 1 loop ? deck 1 loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue 10 & deck 1 loop 4

and if you have an endless rotary encoder or set up a couple of buttons you can change the loop length once the loop has started, but remember if you wanted to delete the hot loop you would have to set up a button... I got really fancy and made it so you would press it once to set or activate the hot cue and the loop, press it twice to end the loop, and hold it for a second to delete the hot cue... all the same button! Can serato do that? LOL

for the button:

holding 1000ms ? deck 1 delete_cue 10 : deck 1 loop ? deck 1 loop_out : deck 1 hot_cue 10 & deck 1 loop 4

for an endless encoder if you want to have one knob for each deck just put deck # in front of the loop:

param_greater 0 ? loop_double : loop_half

enjoy

The power of VDJ Script is genius!!

Freaking superb!!

Posté Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 5:17 pm
DeeJT3Home userMember since 2011
Tried the script.. its perfect for what you wanted it to do but my suggestion is to 1) assign a shift button 2) make cue point buttons 3) assign a loop 4/loop out button. my set up.. (Shift) - (cues) 1-12 6 buttons 6 unshifted 6 shifted - (loop 4) or 2, if looped loop out - and finally a knob for loop 1/18 1 2 4 8 16. does that make sense? make jog wheels loop move and its loop heaven.

Posté Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 2:25 pm
Major +1 right here.

Posté Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 3:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)