Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet MAYA 44 MKII vs. Nvidia Soundstorm (a no brainer, yes i know but...)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

:)

i'm currently using my on board nvidia soundstorm on my dfi nfii ultra b mobo and i was wondering if there would be any benefit to upgrading to the maya 44mkii sound card. i read that it's useful if your using timecoded vinyls/cds, but i'm not using those. i'm just buying music off of beatport and mixing with my external mixer. sooooo......would there be any benefit to me by upgrading? any at all? i mean, the soundstorm actually sounds GREAT, but i won't be buying any additonal tables or anything like that (because buying a new car just seems so much more necessary right now). anyways, thanx for your input!

---Daniel (damn i wish i could change my username!! :)

Posté Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 8:24 am
Well, my point of view would be to stick with the one you are using. If you are satisfied with it, why buy a new one? There are afterall lots of sound cards that probably work as fine as the one you are using. Remember, external USB sound cards have the downside of the mount of cords for audio and power. Some find it easier to have built-in/internal cards i.e less cords.
When it comes to TCV's, if you decide to try those out, you would need the Maya card. Don't upgrade unless you have to.

Posté Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 12:15 pm
cool. i understand what you're saying totally. actually, i have a buddy who just sold me an m-audio delta44 w/ the breakout box today for $15 (yeah that's right, no typo there) so if i do get the TCV's i'll have this already :) i really wish i could find a cmx-3000 or a pair of technics for cheap, but sometimes we can't have what we want. anyways, thanx for the input!

---Dan-K

Posté Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)